Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just doing the research for an order for '14 plate. Planned spec on either SE or S-Line:Cruise controlFolding mirrorsPhone prep High ?StorageFull paint (on SE)
PossiblesXenon on the SEStereo speaker upgradeLED lights
Any comments on:
SD Nav or Tech pack - do you get TMI info on SD Nav?
What's the real life MPG on 140 or 177 Tdi 2wd?
My main journey is 70 miles on mixed A road and Motorway. A road averages 50-60, Motorway 70-75.
Thanks all,

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Mindstorm, I've got the 140 FWD and my daily commute is 25 miles each way a with two thirds being motorway at 70 - 80 and the other third being a mixture of 50 - 60 and then 30mph. I achieve without fail, 47 - 53 mpg. Hope this helps

Bilster1

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hi mindstorm. I also have the 140 FWD, I drive on average 100 miles per day. Bilster is spot on with his figs for motorway and a roads, some days I will only do city driving and 40-42 mpg is more likely.

Cruise control is a good fuel saver.

Like your options, I was limited due to company car rules. Unsure what use high prep mobile gives, as the standard feature allow telephone calls to be made using either votive activation, steering wheel control or radio.

Traffic info doesn't actually need sat nav, there's a really good feature under info in the MMI, it records all traffic announcements made by radio stations whilst you have been travelling for later playback.

If you do go s-line pay the £300 to change the alloys as, like me, everyone seems to have the standard 18s but this is a relatively cheap option that makes a big difference in looks.

Beware there is very little storage in the q3.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
613 Posts
Yes - real life mpg figures are about what the chaps above say - high 50's/low 60's can be done on a decent cruise - but bet on 300-350 miles for half a tank...
Phone prep high seems a bit unnecessary, but depends if you want Google earth imagery I guess... I have the Tech pack and it is good, but it's quite a cost (+ £240 for each map update) - and you do lose boot space... but the maps are better and clearer - and the Hard Disk jukebox is pretty good.
As mentioned by Crem0, storage space is limited, but have the "pack" does give you a few extra cubbies - but not particularly massive ones!
The LED interior light pack is a good option - provides a nicely lit interior - Are you looking at a light or dark interior colour?

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
The LED interior lighting pack is well worth it (really cool lighting) and the storage pack, too - if you go for the SE and stick to the standard seats the under-seat drawers are a really useful size. If you have the S-Line or sport seats, or electric seat adjustment they become too small to be much good, however.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks so far - any 177 owners MPG avail?
Planning on a dark interior - Black/Black Style as don't like the brown as standard on the SE. May do the aluminium dash inlays though.
Will have a look at the seats and storage though - thanks.
I use the TMI info a fair amount but as always - could run a TomTom with traffic instead.

·
Registered
157 Posts
177 owner checking in! Just passed 13k miles and from day one with no adjustments, average 41.3 mpg according to DIS. I keep a separate record as well which averages out to 41.0 mpg (range 35.1 - 46.8). This is over a combination of city / A roads / motorways in probably roughly equal measures. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
485 Posts
177 owner. In the past 12 months, covered 7,500 miles and averaged 45.6mpg (via fuelly.com).

We use the car as a main car (the wife's is the run about for us both). It has been to France and down to Cornwall during this period.

It has certainly got better in the use of fuel over the past few months; so is it the warmer weather, getting run in or a mixture of both?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all - just helps the decision as to what to get. Could get the 140 chipped but can't be 100% sure the dealer would overwrite as happened on current Civic (although that may have been a planned upgrade). I won't go for a tuning box as not 100% happy with the principal of those.
I may see if they announce the 150ps engine from the A3 for the MY15 Q3 and get the car after the correct build week. I don't need it until late May as off to north of Scotland for hols and don't want to do that in very new car.
Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts