Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!Have just ordered a new Q3 and found this great forum. Trying to decide whether to upgrade DIS to colour display. We have ordered SD based SatNav, which may be relevant to the decision. Spotted a couple of posts that mention this but nothing detailed so any feedback on your experiences will be much appreciated.Thanks.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have the monochrome version, it seems clear and I have no issues seeing it even in bright sunlight, can't comment on colour DIS cause I don't know what I don't know I'm afraid. I did have a colour DIS on a vw tiguan and I was also impressed with that. Time again I'd pay the £100 to get the colour screen.

Ps welcome to the forum

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ditto, crem0, nothing wrong with themonochrome version, worksgreat, but for £100 aline go on, treat your self....
PSwelcome to the group.

·
Super Moderator
6,028 Posts
The monochrome display's fine - very clear. If you have nothing better to do with a fistful of pound notes the colour screen's an option but there are better ways of spending it IMHO.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
You'll be staring at that screen every mile you drive for years so you may as well be looking at a nice colour one. I have it and yes for £100 it may seem expensive for something that should be standard but it's one option as a driver you'll actually be able to see and use everyday

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Much appreciate you taking the time to reply and give me your thoughts. I still have a little bit of time before I decide so will mull it over a little longer.Just one last question, does the colour one offer any more functionality at all? The documentation seems to indicate it does not but would be good to know for sure ...thanks!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Aline,

no idea if the functionality is any different but just in case you are considering it, if you order the tech pack you get the colour DIS included.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I've never seen the monochrome display but I don't think you lose out on any functionality with it. You'll benefit more from the colour if you are indeed adding in the sd nav imo. Have you asked for a demo of it from your dealer? It's the same display you get standard in the A4 etc so you can have a proper look at it.

Edited by: reilsab

·
Registered
563 Posts
As said before, treat yourself to the colour DIS, it's probably not worth the money and should be standard, butas you'll always be looking at it and it looks great with the sat nav just go for it.I don't regret it
The colour DIS is a higher resolution then the centre pop up screen

·
Registered
518 Posts
Aline, I agree with m0ikw and reilsab, go with the colour DIS, especially as you have already selected the SD nav. But let me echo bilster's point. If you select the tech pack, you get the colour DIS included in that.As you have already selected SD nav, the price difference between that and the tech pack will be reduced if you go for the colour DIS. There will still be a large difference, but the tech pack gives you a slightly larger screen, better resolution for nav in the MMI, a hard drive for music etc. It's worth thinking about

·
Registered
257 Posts
reilsab said:
You'll be staring at that screen every mile you drive for years so you may as well be looking at a nice colour one. I have it and yes for £100 it may seem expensive for something that should be standard but it's one option as a driver you'll actually be able to see and use everyday
Interesting perspective. Our demo Q3 had the colour DISand we both found it garish and distracting. That's why we went for the mono version.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Which all goes to prove it's basically a personal preference. Some like colour, some don't. Some like leather seats, some don't, etc etcThe best thing to do is to compare both DIS displays at the showroom, and then decide whether colour appeals to you or not, and whether it's worth an extra £100 to you,

·
Registered
184 Posts
rontheman said:
Which all goes to prove it's basically a personal preference. Some like colour, some don't. Some like leather seats, some don't, etc etcThe best thing to do is to compare both DIS displays at the showroom, and then decide whether colour appeals to you or not, and whether it's worth an extra £100 to you,
Absolutely - simples!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I don't know if anyone has noticed but if you setup a speed limit in the Car setup (Driver assist option on the mmi - where the parking sensors and central locking options are) the speed limit is in colour.
I set my speed limit at 75 as a test and when over this and a Red (might have been orange) warning was displayed in my Mono chrome DIS.
I think the DIS may be in colour and the software is making it Mono chrome

·
Registered
78 Posts
Only the top section of the monochrome DIS displays colour. It's used for all the warning symbols such as refuel, empty washer bottle etc. these are in orange. Anything more serious would display in red.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I have the Tech Pack - and the DIS is noticeably higher-resolution - and subtly coloured in Greens and Reds - think it adds to the general ambience myself - but not sure I would have paid for it on it's own though

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks so much everyone for your helpfulreplies. I decided to add the colour DIS to my order and now have the long, long wait to get my hands on my Q3! Build is scheduled for week 03 2014. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait though.Best regards,Aline

1 - 19 of 19 Posts