Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a 2013 Q3 2.0TDI Quattro Auto and have been looking through the information booklet which came with it.

The problem I'm having is knowing which option being referred to has been fitted either as an optional extra or as a standard fit, for example keyless entry where the sensor appears to be in the handle but which is not working.

Is it possible to obtain the list of original extras purchased when new or some way of knowing if the option referred to in the handbook is installed?

Also, is it possible to obtain a list of modifications already fitted to the car but perhaps just need to be activated possibly using VCDS?

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
There are two options here I think:

1) Install the MyAudi app on a phone or tablet - enter your VIN number and you should be able to see that options your car was built with along with the service schedule and dealer/VAG independent service history.

2) In the boot area, under the carpet there should be a paper label stuck to the boot floor with lots of 3 character codes - I seem to recall one can decode those and work out what options were factory installed.

With regard to the little squares on the door handles - I think all Q3s got them, but the Advanced Key option had to have been spec'd on the original order for the car (so you'd have a Start/Stop button) in the right corner of coin tray below the heater controls.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a label stuck to the boot floor with lots of 3 character codes - I seem to recall one can decode those and work out what options were factory installed.
Found 1 at VAG Codes
Sadly, it didn't expose any nice surprises

·
Registered
51 Posts
Found 1 at VAG Codes
Sadly, it didn't expose any nice surprises
Mine was fairly basic as well, first owner must of been a tight arse 😆

Ive just retrofitted cruise control for the princely sum of £58 and it was quite simple to do providing you have the basic tools and a bit of know how, ive also installed one of these Car play/Android modules as well as enabling a few options in VCDS so dont be put off by it not being specc`d up as theres an array of things you can do quite cheaply to bring it more up to date and add in those factory options.

Reactions: stephenco1

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine was fairly basic as well, first owner must of been a tight arse 😆

Ive just retrofitted cruise control for the princely sum of £58 and it was quite simple to do providing you have the basic tools and a bit of know how, ive also installed one of these Car play/Android modules as well as enabling a few options in VCDS so dont be put off by it not being specc`d up as theres an array of things you can do quite cheaply to bring it more up to date and add in those factory options.
Hi sm12five, there are a couple of interesting points you've made here.

I spent a bit of time typing out the 3 letter codes and putting them into the code checker and have attached a pdf showing the chassis label (I've edited out the full chassis number) and also the corresponding Audi note. The strange thing is that a couple of items are not showing on it - eg, my car has both cruise control and heated front seats but they do not appear on the list. I don't know what this means?

Secondly, I'm really interested in the fact that you have an Android module successfully fitted. I really dislike the Audi sat nav and prefer to use Google Maps, Waze, etc. I'd also really like to have a reversing camera fitted both of which I would have thought needed the Android module, but I've read through a lot of different threads on this and I'd come to the conclusion (hopefully wrongly) that Android play / module didn't work with the Q3. Can you tell me a bit more about your setup please.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you get the "MyAudi" app and pop your vin in it will tell you all the categorised standard equipment and optional equipment separately and much more clearer.

The module you need is this one,

If you email Ben at integrated he will verify and talk you through your options for reverse cam whichbo believe is possible.
This is a proper and stable unit and not a cheap Chinese one worth noting.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you get the "MyAudi" app and pop your vin in it will tell you all the categorised standard equipment and optional equipment separately and much more clearer.
Good advice, I got it registered and found the following under Optional equipment -

Parking system plus, front and rear
Audi hill-hold assist
Cruise control
Increase boot volume to 460ltr
Tyre mobility system
18” x 7J ‘5-double-spoke’ design alloy wheels with 235/50 R18 tyres
Heated front seats
Electric lumbar support
Sports seat - front left
Sports seats front right
Satellite Navigation system – SD card based
Audi music interface
MMI® navigation module
Bluetooth interface
S line badge on the steering wheel
Inlays, Matt-brushed aluminium
Door sill trims with S line logo
Cloth headlining in black
Xenon Plus lighting
automatic/dynamic headlight range control
LED rear lights
Headlight washer system
Luggage compartment sill protection in stainless steel
Full body-colour paint finish to the front and rear bumpers, wheel arch trims and lower door trims
S line logo, exterior

The module you need is this one,
Thanks, that's it ordered now. Hopefully it won't be too difficult to fit.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yours is very well spec`d! we both have the same year and model and mine didn't come with the below.

Parking system plus, front and rear
Cruise control
Increase boot volume to 460ltr
Heated front seats

The Andorid module is very simple to install just take your time, it comes with the headunit keys to remove the original face plate, simply unplug it and plug the new module inline and tuck it into the dash then reinstall thew face plate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts