Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Any of you that got your Q3, if you have the sunroof, can you please tell me, if it can be so no sun enters the cabin? Also how much can it be opened?

Thanks!

·
Registered
563 Posts
HiThe sunroof has a tilt /slide action, the tilt is probably a gap of about 4cm, the slide action opens the front glass panel all the way back over the rear one. The sun does come in but it also has an electric full length sunblind to stop too much heat in the summer.
Edited by: Del

·
Registered
157 Posts
A general query for all you members out there. I've had my car for just over a fortnight now and everything is really v. good - am v. pleased overall with all aspects. There is one small issue that I am finding annoying though with the sunroof switch.In theory it should be quite intuitive to operate but I find I have minor fumblings getting it into the tilt position - not sure if its me or the switch! Sliding it open causes no problems but sometimes pushing the switch 'up' doesn't always tilt it open. Usually the second or third attempt will work however. Has anyone else experienced problems at all?Its a minor issue but keen to know if its me or the switch or something else connected with the general operation. At the end of the day it actually doesn't make too much difference in Scotland (although thats not the case at the moment!)

·
Registered
563 Posts
I sometimes have to fumble with mine I think it's just a bad design, I think the Q5 has a rotary control which would have been a lot easier,and for some reason I always push the wrong button to open / close the blind.Also I find the MMi control to be the wrong way round, when I twist to go up through the menus it goes down and vise versa, I think it maybe something with the conversion to right hand drive.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I agree with pretty much everything you say Del. Its unusual to find a poor design on Audi switchgear but think they could have done better on this occasion. I struggle with the blind as well - a simple rocker switch would have been more logical. I'm new to the MMI but it is a bit odd. However, no doubt will get used to it all and if this is my only criticism I'll be delighted!

·
Registered
201 Posts
I always have to look to make sure I am pressing the right switch when opening or closing the blind, for some reason my brain thinks that the switches should be the other way around. A rocker would be much easier to use and more intuitive. Still it's a minor grumble..

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Used the sunroof 'in anger' last Sunday on a cold but sunny trip round the dales - up to Tan Hill pub over to Keld and back home via Reeth.No high speed stuff but I was really impressed with the lack of wind buffeting and noise. Over the years I've owned several cars with factory fit sunroofs and none have been so refined.

Cheers Spike

·
Registered
157 Posts
spike said:
No high speed stuff but I was really impressed with the lack of wind buffeting and noise. Over the years I've owned several cars with factory fit sunroofs and none have been so refined. Cheers  Spike
+1 ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts