Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all...

So, after still hearing nothing from the dealers re my October delivery, I sent an email to the salesperson enquiring as to the exact date. My current lease car is going back next month, having already been extended once and I have no desire to keep it longer as 2 doors have been a nightmare with the baby who's now in terrible 2s mode! I got a voicemail back asking me to ring as there was a problem..... I suspected what was coming from similar posts on here. Turns out the build slot has been 'considerably pushed back' - in fact the build date is now Jan, that's from ordering in July. Apparently they are having a nightmare getting Q3s, A3s and no Q5s due til April. She thinks it may be because I've ordered the black style pack (really??) but has to see the sales manager tomorrow to see if they can re-spec one of their vehicles due for earlier build or contact other dealers. Needless to say, she's in a flap now as I'll be car-less for 3-4 months and have a long commute daily... if I don't cancel. They'd better lend me something nice or its the plan b Evoque

·
Registered
302 Posts
Oh - that's a shame :( I don't really understand the ordering system - it seems very complex. Something somewhere has obviously gone wrong - supplier problem with component or something, but sounds specific to your model/extras. We ordered ours on 12th July and I had a call from our salesman last week to say that it will arrive mid-October, so slightly earlier than November which is what they said when we ordered. I wonder if anyone else has been told the same story or is it just your dealer ??

·
Super Moderator
6,233 Posts
Hmm... I could be wrong here, but I'm getting a distinct odour of bovine waste product. As mentioned by Bambi, other people's orders seem to be coming through OK and no-one else has yet reported delays of this nature. I think it could be a dealer-related ****-up, so I suggest you go and lean on them.

Hard.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not good is it? Bet you are excited, Bambi, not long for you to wait now!

Gromit - my chap thinks the same as you. Does it really take them 6 months to get the bits and build a car, it's not a Bugatti after all! At the time of ordering ( and handing over all the deposit), I was told that dealership is a premium Audi partner (or something to that effect), so there were build slots available to them. Clearly the bovine stuff from day one. Can't wait for the next phone call!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Snobaby said:
Not good is it? Bet you are excited, Bambi, not long for you to wait now!
I am now it's getting nearer, but my OH never mentionsthe car- totally couldn't care less, although he chose most of the extrasfor it and it was his idea to get it rather than an A3
If he doesn't show some interest soon, I'll leave him off the insurance .....

·
Registered
5 Posts
There seems to be a very wide range of order-to-delivery times. I ordered on 28 June 2013 and although the first build slot mentioned on that day was Week 34 this moved on to Week 41 when the spec was revised to Stronic as opposed to manual. However within 24 hours the salesman called to confirm a Week 31 build (last week July/first in August) and this was adhered to with the car arriving at the dealers on 26 August. I guess it is pot luck as regards the slots available to your dealer and if feasible it may pay to check several franchises.

This is my first Audi ( and first 'automatic') after a Freelander 2 (manual and diesel of course). I do a very modest mileage and didn't fancy any risk of DPF problems, hence the TFSI. The Q3 delivers a great drive and there's every chance my mileage will increase in line with the pleasure it gives.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
 I am now it's getting nearer, but my OH never mentions the car - totally couldn't care less, although he chose most of the extras for it and it was his idea to get it rather than an A3
 If he doesn't show some interest soon, I'll leave him off the insurance .....
[/QUOTE]

Ha ha, like your style!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Think I'll ring round some dealers in the week and see what timescales they are quoting - off to a spa tomorrow, definitely need that now!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Snobaby said:
Think I'll ring round some dealers in the week and see what timescales they are quoting - off to a spa tomorrow, definitely need that now!!
Just keep the pressure on with the current dealer and also go to Audi Customer care, it is not in your interest to swap dealers now.
If the dealer has any unallocated build slots he should be able to respecifiy it, our dealer took a slot for a Diesel Sline and created a Petrol SE Stronic from it !!
In addition, if you had a quoted date from the dealer, you should be due a free loan car.
The advice for anyone else reading this is don't give the dealer a deposit unless he can guarantee you a build slot and gives you the Audi Commission number !!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ordered 1st July and still being told mid November!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks David, I will keep on the case. A friend of mine works at VW and said there is no current backlog so thinks they forgot to order!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered mine on the 28th June and have been told to expect delivery "late October" so at least there appears to be some consistencyin what people are being told.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I visited two dealers at the week-end. One said I need to order this month for March delivery. The other said December / January will be plenty of time.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, panic at the dealership is ongoing. They have looked for a vehicle which has an allocated build date so they can change the spec, but none being built til Jan apparently (??). So now they have a list of 'similar' vehicles which are in the network and due soon but none of them have the spec I have chosen...so have to go in on Friday to see if any of these ones will be suitable but from what she read out on the phone, I would say unfortunately not

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered in mid August and have been told mid Feb - so probably looking at pickup on 1st March. Seems like a very long way away!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered July with a week 36 build and have now been told it wasn't ordered so the new build date is week 43! I'm car less as ML went back 9 Sept, decided to get another new Q3 on a built spec, not ideal but I have made myself compromise and if it works out (find out for sure tomorrow) then I'll be happy.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't understand the 6 month wait times being quoted. My friend at VW has enquired with his contact at Ingolstadt and been told there is no backlog, delay or long wait at all from their end on Q3s. Are some dealers stacking orders to get their quota in for the quiet months to hit targets?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered on August for week 37 build and end Nov / early Dec delivery. But it has been pushed back to week 42 build and end Dec / early Jan delivery. Three months to go and it keeps me thinking unnecessary things lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
I ordered end of June and have had regular updates from local dealer saying build week this week (38) with a possible 3 week transfer time - might just give him a call tomorrow to find out latest,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I went in to see the salesperson and there were no cars in the network which I wanted and she didn't have any orders with build dates they could modify. She told me that they can only loan cars for one, or maybe two, months - so they are leaving me carless from Nov to Jan as my car will be ready mid Feb. The strange thing is that whilst she was confirming this with the sales manager, she gave me her laptop to configure my car again, save the code and see what build date it comes back with. She put the code in, allegedly, and got a wk 48 build as opposed to wk02 for my existing order yet had been telling me all week she had been doing this with no change. I then had to sign another order form for the 2nd car?? Then I was told I could have her car from Dec til Jan, so still need to hire myself a car for November!! I have now been waiting a week for a call back as she said they would try and get me a preferential rate on a hire car - not that I am having any of it! I have been given some names at Sytner to contact so some serious emails going off on Monday and a call to Audi. If they think they can tell me to hire a car at my expense when they blatantly did not order mine as agreed, or they gave my slot to someone else, they can rip up the order and give back the cash they have had since July

1 - 20 of 32 Posts