Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum - apologies for user name - mistyped and 'edit' won't let me change.
I ordered a specced Q3 in June for delivery mid August and reg 1st Sept. my dealer contacted me yesterday saying that Audi are delaying delivery since they are altering all orders to a new 2014 specification. As a result, they will not now have the car for 1st Sept nor can they yet inform me of a revised delivery date. I've pressed my dealer who is adamant this is the true explanation but I suspect that I am being fed a line. Has anyone any info on what might be going on here or any advice as to how I might check independently with Audi as to the reason for the delay. My dealer says that the only info they have is that Audi will be fitting DAB radios to all models.
Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Load of rubbish.
MY 2014 production started a couple of months ago.
It looks like your dealer never had any allocation that he could use for your order.
Ask him what the commission number is, status code and projected build date is(he may not have that) and then whinge at the dealer principal and Audi about being misled.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that David RW. If I get the commission number and status code, what use can I make of them? Is this something I can check myself with Audi?

·
Registered
5 Posts
"Sucky Thanks for that David RW. If I get the commission number and status code, what use can I make of them? Is this something I can check myself with Audi?"---you can ring Audi UK with this info and they will throw more light.

We ordered on the 28th June and our Q3 is already in the UK
Edited by: bazzer

·
Registered
302 Posts
We ordered on the 12th July and were told 12-16 weeks - but assume November anyway. We've since been told that the car should be with the dealer mid-Octoberish.

·
Registered
302 Posts
bazzer said:
Was yours one that was already on order by the dealer ??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bambi-
Our car slotted into build week 31 so we were given an etd for the 28th September (12 wks), another franchise dealer gave us a delivery date of November so it paid to shop around.If wasn't for the 63 reg rush, we could have picked our car up next week.
And yes it was pre-allocated

·
Registered
302 Posts
bazzer said:
Bambi-
Our car slotted into build week 31 so we were given an etd for the 28th September (12 wks), another franchise dealer gave us a delivery date of November so it paid to shop around.If wasn't for the 63 reg rush, we could have picked our car up next week.
And yes it was pre-allocated
OK - thanks :)I had no idea about this delivery/order lark before we ordered our Audi :) :) The last new car we bought was a VW 9 years ago and that had to be one that was already in the country as someone had w/o my OH's car and we needed a car ASAP :) :) I think that I should not have found this forum and then I could just have sat back and waited until November (or earlier) without gettingbothered about delivery dates and DAB radios
Too much information is sometimes not such a good thing :)
Edited by: Bambi

·
Registered
16 Posts
bazzer said:
"Sucky Thanks for that David RW. If I get the commission number and status code, what use can I make of them? Is this something I can check myself with Audi?"---you can ring Audi UK with this info and they will throw more light.

Exactly, once you have the codes then Audi can help you, however the dealer will also know that you are serious about calling his bluff. I suspect that if the dealer is not able to give you a build date then the order has not been accepted by the factory yet which is not a good thing. We went to order on the 1st June and said that we would only place an order if we had a guaranteed build slot and a September delivery, they tried a new order and it was not allocated a date so they adjusted an existing order that had not been allocated to a customer and we got a week 28 build which has been in the UK a few weeks now, we will be collecting it on the 1st.

·
Registered
234 Posts
We ordered 10th July and have been told November, too

·
Registered
304 Posts
Ordered mine last week of July and was told October for delivery, I upgraded the spec 2 weeks later and there was no build date. I was told that by changing the spec that might trigger a build date - but still heard nothing. If I had known the delivery times were so long and clearly I'm being fobbed off, I would have made them give me a slot before handing over the deposit. Bet if I was ordering an R8 I would get a slot!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ordered 1st July told mid October delivery. Few days later dealer told me end of November. 9th August dealer confirmed my car would be built week 40, first week October, hence delivery late November. Week later got what appeared to be advertising blurb from Head Office UK thanking me for my order and in the letter almost as an after thought it said 'your car is in production right now' making delivery mid October again if this is true. Am I confused or what?

Get the impression no one at Audi really knows what's going on, I certainly don't.

Ah well there's always the funny farm!

Perhaps I should have got an Evoque.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Had a similar situation 3 yrs ago when I wanted a Q5. Delays in delivery and the salesman couldn't be bothered to take my order, so had another BMW. (I had tried to buy an A5 when they first came out but still waiting for the phone call from that salesman!) I was hoping it was third time lucky, having actually parted with some cash, but not feeling the love. Now I know why there are so many Evoke's out there but Audi don't seem concerned at losing customers...

·
Super Moderator
6,230 Posts
In all honesty I think the Audi dealers are so busy the odd deal here or there doesn't matter as much to them as it would to another marque's dealer.

When we looked around both for my Q3 this year and Mrs G's A3 three years ago the story was the same. Whichever other marque dealership we visited we walked in - and out - to the sound of our own footsteps echoing off the walls of an empty showroom. Whenever we've visited Gromit's Retreat Audi (in east Kent) it's been heaving and we've had to wait for some time for one of their salesbods to become available.

That being said they couldn't be more helpful and attentive despite being overrun with punters. Regardless of business level it's a sign of a bad dealer if they can't be arsed to look after customers (their lifeblood, after all) properly.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Yes that's true, they are always heaving. Wishing I'd stayed with my lease company now who always get the cars within 12 weeks and not ordered directly through the dealer - who are no further forward a month after taking my order.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts