Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Collected my 1.4 COD S-tronic last Friday.Still getting used to it after 7 years owning a manual diesel A4. Car remains in first gear for what seems too long on pulling away first thing, resulting in me having to manualy select second. Seems to settle down when warmed up.Any thoughts?

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Has it got a Sport setting and if so have you got it in that?
Normal drive setting should not hang on to first, should nip through first very quickly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has got Sport setting but I haven't used that yet. It is the same in all drive select settings.

·
Registered
738 Posts
As BB says it should nip through first fairly quickly - I'd take it back to Audi and get it checked, as you should not have to change up to second manually. You say she's ok when hot - What revs is she getting up to in first before changing automatically (cold) and (hot) - same - or different?

·
Registered
654 Posts
My 2.0 TDi has always hung on to 1st gear for too long under certain circumstances which I've never fully determined.

There's one particular crossroads junction where I have to stop before crossing when it always does it - I wonder if this is related to there being a dip in the road I'm crossing so initially I'm going downhill but just as the car would expect to change up the road goes uphill causing it to stay in 1st.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
The only way it would happen with driver input would be if the throttle was lifted/delayed just after pull away.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated.It happened again this morning and did change up into second at about 3000 RPM. Rest of the day gear changes are happening at just below 2000 RPM dependent on the incline of the road.I wonder if it is related to the fact that my car is sitting on my drive with quite an uphill slope of about one car length. I then join the road turning about 90 degs and then after about 50 yards there is a slight incline and it is during this time that the car remains in first when you would expect it to change up into second. I will try over the next few days to turn the opposite way where the road is flat to see if there is any change. I am not particularly worried at the moment as I am still getting used to the S-Tronic and it obviously reacts differently in auto depending on how heavy/light you apply the throttle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts