Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Forum:

First of all: I want to thank in advance for this awesome forum with a lot of important information. I am a new member because 3 days ago I received a Audi Q3 2016. Side note: Sorry for my english. I am from Mexico.

Well... Q3 is in a very good state. Everything seems to be working OK but...
I noticed the interior trunk lights are not powering on, also noticed the dash is not "detecting"/showing when the boot lid is open.

What I have tried:
I removed the trim to access this "sensor" :
Sensor for boot lid 8U0947555 | oemVWshop.com

It seems to be in a good state, it was in the right position and connections are OK.
Still the same issue.

Do you know what can be affecting this?
How can I test that sensor/switch?
Is there any other sensor/connection/switch I need to check?

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I think there is also a micro switch in the trunk lock which detects when the boot lid is open and operates the dash warning and boot light. I've not heard of it giving problems on the Q3 but I've experienced this on an older Audi model.
If that's the case, the micro switch is built into the boot lock and not available as a service part
A diagnostic scan may show if the micro switch is faulty

Wiring info is hard to find but it's possible the 2 micro switch wires may be green/white and green/black.

Cheers Spike

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I had to zip tie my sensor connector together to ensure a proper connection as it is easy to pull it apart accidentally if you didn’t know it was behind the trim panel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had to zip tie my sensor connector together to ensure a proper connection as it is easy to pull it apart accidentally if you didn’t know it was behind the trim panel.
Do you mean the hall sensor? The one that is on the base of the trunk? (closer to the bumper) or the one that is on the lock?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think there is also a micro switch in the trunk lock which detects when the boot lid is open and operates the dash warning and boot light. I've not heard of it giving problems on the Q3 but I've experienced this on an older Audi model.
If that's the case, the micro switch is built into the boot lock and not available as a service part
A diagnostic scan may show if the micro switch is faulty

Wiring info is hard to find but it's possible the 2 micro switch wires may be green/white and green/black.

Cheers Spike
Yes, I think this can be causing the issue.
I ran a VCDS auto-scan and it is not showing any fault.
Dou you know if I can use the VCDS channales to test the sensors?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Do you mean the hall sensor? The one that is on the base of the trunk? (closer to the bumper) or the one that is on the lock?
The one located behind the trim below the hatch opening that clips to the back panel of the boot (trunk) above the bumper, not the one in the boot catch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The one located behind the trim below the hatch opening that clips to the back panel of the boot (trunk) above the bumper, not the one in the boot catch.
Well.. When I disconnected the hall sensor the VCDS showed the fault, so I think the connection is not the issue.
Is there any way to check if that sensor is working as expected?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Do your rear lights change from upper lights to lower lights when you open the boot? If the sensors are working correctly that should be what happens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts