Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Q3'ers,Placed an order for a Q3 S-Line Quattro 2.0 TDI Manual 140PS in Daytona + some extrasthis week. Told no DAB Radio will be fitted due to supply problems, this also effects other Audi models as well. Delivery date is stated as late September/October.Anyone else been told the same? Not over impressed with the dealer, a large East Midlands one. Although the salesman we dealt with was of the old school and honest,most of the others were of the" so what, Iknow best bunch"I can see problems when delivery time is here, but that is a long way off!!

·
Super Moderator
6,034 Posts
That's correct, I'm afraid. From week 22 onwards DAB was going to be fitted as standard along with a spare wheel, but supply problems have stopped it for the time being.

BTW, welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Perhaps these items will be retro fitted at the dealers upon delivery?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Gromit,Thanks for your response. Yeah from week 22 2013 build date the vehicles are classed as 2014 model with the upgrades you mention, thought I would just check that I was not been told a load of rubbish.The vehicles built without DAB are supposed to have a retrofit adaptor installed, so if you wish to have DAB, a dealer can fit it for you. I travel in a DAB poor zone, so it is not a great loss, I will not miss the Norman Collier effect.Hope you get your new Q3 on time, and wish you manymiles of happy motoring

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello Black Pudding,Yes you are right. The vehicles built without DAB will have an adaptor so if you wish to have DAB, a dealer can fit it for you.I was checking with you guys to make sure I was not been told a load of rubbish by the dealer.Enjoy your wonderful looking machine, hope ours will look as good when it arrives. I wish many miles of happy motoring

·
Registered
25 Posts
I ordered my Q3 on May 10th. It's a new 2014 model and I've not been told I won't be getting DAB, so this supply issue is a little worrying. I was actually going to specify it as an extra anyway, so I do want it and I won't be too happy if they don't fit it. My car is on schedule for collection third week of July.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello Jonny Five,Not good news about the DAB then for you. Should be able to have it fitted by dealer if your Q3 is built after week 22 2013, and you should also get the space saver instead of gung kit. Did you get a reduction of £175 off final cost in lieu of no DAB?Hope you get your Q3 on schedule, and here's to some happy motoring for you

·
Registered
63 Posts
Isn't a non Dab radio obsolete in 2015? If so, isn't this a deal breaker?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm sure my car is week 25 and I was assured DAB was fitted as standard. So if it is widely known the radios aren't available, I should have been warned by now. I'll be checking with my sales man next week.

Regarding the space saver wheel, I dunno if I get that because I've opted for the enhanced hifi with ten speakers and a sub woofer. The sub takes up the space where the spare wheel goes. Will they give me the space saver to keep loose in the boot, or automatically switch me to the gunge kit? I think that's another question I need to ask.

Haha, you'd think I'd have all this sorted out by now!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was told that the £200 price increase in May was because the spare wheel and dab was to be standard. So I might have to pay a visit to the dealer to confirm that my car which apparently is due in July has both.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Hi
The sub woofer sits inside the spacesaver so no problem there.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I ordered my Q3 on Monday and have been told the supply problem about DAB is an internet rumour.But the advert running in the paper and auto express about s line model with 3d satnav was standard has been withdrawn why? because it costs £1250 I complained to ASA and the advert will not appear again

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Certainly no DAB's going to fitted at present, this also effects other Audi modela as well. You should have a slightly raised floor to accommodate the sub, but just a velour one not reversible one.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi guys, my q3 was ordered during the cross over into 2014 model, confirmed built week 22. I didn't order the dab as an extra but a few weeks into the wait Audi updated by 'booking' details to show the dab foc.. Itll be interesting to see what arrives now I've been told I'll be getting it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
The subwoofer speaker for either the Audi Sound System or the Bose system can both be fitted inside the centre of the space saver spare wheel, which in turn is housed in a purpose made styrofoam boot tray covered by the reversible (carpet or waterproof) raised boot floor. So both you can have an enhanced sound system and a spare whel without problem (I have spare wheel and bose).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Dratsa, thanks for the good news. I'll get my sub and the spare wheel. Nice! I hate those tyre fix kits. Never had to use one, but I prefer knowing a spare is in the boot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Jonny Five,Just to clarify whatI said about having the boot sub wooferinsidethe space saver spare wheel thewheel wouldnot come as standard but the compressor/gunge puncture repair kit does. The spare wheel is a factory fitted cost option (£75) and the associated tray andraised reversible boot floor comeswithout charge. If you retro-fittedthe wheel, styrofoam tray,andraised floorlater itwould be very much more expensive.Hope this helps, Dratsa.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts