Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You lot are clever…..:)

We have a decent Panasonic stereo radio in the bedroom to bring us gently awake in the morning.
We both hate adverts so commercial radio is a no-no and we have become too irritated listening to Zoe Ball for more than five minutes so Radio 2 is out until Ken Bruce comes on.
Radio 3 is ok but tends to send us back to sleep.

We would be happy with 6 Music (apart from the occasional rap) but can’t justify buying yet another radio or an Alexa type thingy.

The Panasonic has a usb connector that we shove a stick in for our itunes music but are wondering if you can do something to ’attach’ a car DAB adaptor or something similar?

Other option is wiping everything off an old iphone 4 or 5 and just using BBC Sounds and our decent bluetooth speaker. I’m not sure if you can get rid of the password controls though.

Thanks for bearing with me if you got this far.
David

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
There are DAB on a USB stick devices, the challenge is an antenna wire looks a bit messy. The Bluetooth speaker is the way to go - I bought a refurbished Bose Mini Soundlink a few years ago, fabulous sound quality that defies its diminutive size - the BBC apps work beautifully.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks John
I’ve got a nice bluetooth speaker that we bought to take on holiday and that worked brilliantly.
The only downsides I recalled with using an old phone was trying to avoid using a password and, I have just remembered, it keeps telling me there is no sim card.

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
A tablet device would do the deed too, that will use Wifi to get your data on the tinternet. At home with a UK IP address for your broadband router the BBC Sounds App works fine.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Iphone 4 is too old for BBC Sounds apparently. Going to try Sue’s old mildly damaged ipad mini.
The good bit is the Panasonic has a tiny bluetooth button so that is vaguely promising.
We are fed up buying tv’s and radios as they nearly always end up disappointing, despite deep research, so, hopefully we can make it work form old stuff we have lying around.

Despite being an architecty person for 45 years, I have never been hugely bothered about building my own house or restoring a wreck but, if I had the opportunity to wire in from scratch, an integrated hifi system would be high on the list.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Big fail. The old stuff was on my old business email address, which has been discontinued so, as it doesn’t exist, we can’t log in to change it over. Googling seems to show it is impossible to overcome this other than buying new phones/pads. :mad::mad::mad:

I might try the usb DAB idea as a wire can hang behind the dressing cable ok or I can buy another freestanding aerial, which works well in our living room.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts