Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still waiting for Audi to repair or replace my car...Not a word back. Car still in the dealer where it has been for weeks. I was supposed to have a test drive with them a week ago but it never happened.(he was to busy to fit it in).A third week begins here.AUDI ???what are you doing...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Audi UK must follow comments posted here. They probably reply under false names so be aware of helpfull Greeks. As a good point, I got a call today to let me know they have found no fault whith my gearbox, so all is good?
I have asked again for the test drive promised for three weeks, at last it is going to be arranged.
A note to all... If you have dealer issues put them on here. I am not saying it will be repaired but you will receive a call, although the chap might sound unhappy with you, you will at least move forward.This is all anyone really wants.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update: Q3 still not repaired. The garage tells me he is stumped and does not know where to go next. The erratic gear change, stuck in gear faults have not occurred on test drive, so he can not comment. (Perhaps he should read this forum for clues!)The hill descent is dangerous, and has already resulted in an accident, no one injured, but £1000 repair cost just the same.

My local centre tells me it is likely to happen again, and he would not put his own family in it!

Audi response...Return the car to customer!!! Hello it is dangerous!!!

I have no option but to try and reject the car before I get hurt.

Over 50 days in the dealers and the car is less than a year old. Many major faults and customer service? You think about it, would you be happy.

I will keep you informed, as things develop.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update:Test drive proved the faults on the gear box were real (ahhh, at least they now know first hand how dangerous it is.) I have informend them i intend to reject the car on safety grounds. Bearing in mind this vehicle has been trouble since almost new, they now require 8 weeks to review it;Can you belive it, after a year of deniel they want to review it!Faulty under tray, wheel arch linnings, brakes, lamps , fans, gear box, everything.

·
Registered
518 Posts
CraigI think they might be leading you on. Tell them you are rejecting the car, period! If you allow them the opportunity to repair the car, you will compromise your right to reject it. You are on very complicated legal ground here, but you need to reject it, and NOT, repeat not, allow them the opportunity to repair it. Tell them they have identified the problem, they have told you it will happen again, that Mr X told you he would not put his own family in the car etc.. You MUST document all this in writing.I had a similar problem in the late 90's when I bought one of the first Mercedes M class. The car broke down 3 times on the first day, on the trip home from the dealer. I told them the following day that I was rejecting it. They offered a loan car whilst they investigated it. I told them I had lost confidence in the car (same as you), and they accepted my rejection.If you have finance on the car, then advise the finance company that you have rejected the car, as the dealer have confirmed it is unsafe.Good luck

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for that info. I have rejected it now, although nothing has been agreed. They have as you suggested asked i send it to another dealer, i rejected this. The point is they have had plenty of chances to repair the car and failed.The service manager told me the car was unsafe and he would not allow his family to drive in it...How can i allow my young family to use it after this. IT IS REJECTED AND THAT IS THAT.If all Audi q3 have the same fault then another Q3 is out of the question.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Craig,I have also rejected my Q3 but for other reasons.Make sure that you reject it in writing, if necessary get CAB involved, they can refer you to your local trading standards who can act as a mediator.I kept a record of every conversation between me and the dealer and Audi UK. I eventually got a full refund and a discount off a new car but on paper it comes out as market value for the Q3 and a massive discount on a more expensive car with a small contribution from me.Make sure that you get a case raised with Audi UK and get a case officer.I'm sure you've already done the above, just don't give up and keep giving them hassle, every day if required.Good luck.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update!
100 days has passed and no truthful word back.
Audi telling lies that can not be substantiated, Audi finance promised a result in eight weeks and still nothing not even a call from them.
On a good note my Vauxhall insignia loan car has been great
no faults in 10,000 miles and over 40 to the gallon. Can you believe Audi customer service need so long to review simple facts? I know they have their work cut out as lies seem to flow freely in the company and responsibility never accepted. (You would think they were all looking for a job in co-op banking).

·
Registered
563 Posts
Truly appalling customer service.

I hope this gets sorted soon, how come they put you in a Vauxhall ?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is a hire car through Euro car. Audi don't always give Audi it seems.
The issue is always lack of loan cars, you need to give months of notice to get one and the garage is always out of stock. It makes you wonder how many cars are in for repair doesn't it. Any way it has proven to me I seem to have been led by snobbery when choosing a car as it really is better than I thought.Vauxhal don't have the gloss Audi have but seriously they are not that far off... 100 days and I am still waiting for a review of the case.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I think service standards vary from dealer to dealer.I have been with the same Audi dealer for many years, and cannot praise their service levels highly enough. Much of that is down to the individual service advisors, who take a pragmatic view of a situation, and don't always follow the textbook approach.When I was looking for a new car some 2 years ago, I did visit a RR dealer re the Evoque. The dealer was sob****y arrogant that, even if I had liked the car, I would never have bought from them. The one comment from them that sticks in my mind was, when I asked about discounts, the salesman replied"most of our customers are buying the Evoque as their third family car, so money isn't an issue for them". Go forth and multiply!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I agree dealers vary. The problem is Audi UK should be solid! You don't expect them to lie to you, you don't expect them to promise and not deliver, you don't expect them to deny facts or statements, and you don't expect them to fail in duty. The dealers are one thing but if Audi UK can behave like this, well that's another ball park. I would be happy if they would review their own actions, put up their hands and say we got this so wrong1 what do you want us to do now? That is what is needed. I can prove every statement made, I have letters and recordings. Audi are letting themselves down...Shame on them

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My car is still in awaiting rejection. Over 100 days, no further forward. What a company to own a car from, please clear it up Audi.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I had to report Audi to ASA for a miss-leading advert. Audi advert said that the Tech pack was free when it a £1500 option

ASA agreed with me and pulled the advert

I rang Audi HQ UK to ask about the tech pack offer 16 time's they promised to call me back but never did my only option was to go to the ASA

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is of no suprise to me.They never ring back to anything they might have to admit to. Was is Mrs Finnagen who let you down?
I am still awaiting a solution after more that 150 days in the garage.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I phoned BMW Derby for information on the X1 on the motabilty scheme, I currently drive a 120d from them on the scheme but have to change due to access issues. Five phone calls, I visited to the dealer and talked to the motabilty man. I gave him my email address so he could send me what i wanted to know. I haven't received a dam thing.I visited the Audi Dealer at Derby and he answered all my questions. I am now awaiting delivery of my Q3. So far so good, Lets see how things go in Audi land hopefully better than BMW. I will be driving to BMW Derby and driving passed his window blowing my horn and giving him a friendly wave. I promise it wont be a rude one.
I do tend to be a pain in the arse if people faf me about we shall see how things go

·
Registered
518 Posts
I bought my Q3 from Derby Audi. Found them to be first class, very professional and competent.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hello followers.
Still not received any correspondence through Audi in acknowledgement of my vehicles dangerous history. My car has now been with them for 150 days. I call it my car as a term only; I have rejected it but not received a refund as yet. They do not know how to repair it and have not been in touch for weeks. Last contact I was told the person dealing with the case had left Audi… Stress I expect.

The issue has had a major effect on my wife, she spends long times of anxiety over this.
On a plus side I have done 15,000 miles in hire cars so far.(Better their car than mine.)

YES YOU READ IT RIGHT...150 days, thats got to be a record breaker.
Someone call Norris McGuirker.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Craig, do you have finance on the car? If so, call the finance company, advise you have rejected the car, and stop the payments. Consult a lawyer to make absolutely sure of your position.

If no finance, then again consult a lawyer to start legal proceedings against your dealer. Remember your contract is with your dealer, NOT Audi UK, therefore any rejection is with the dealer and not Audi themselves. The grounds for rejection are that the car is not fit for purpose, and is incapable of becoming fit for purpose.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you for that.
In answer yes there is some finnance, the finnance house has been informed but closed the file by accident ( now re opened ).I can not stop payments until setteled because i coukld end up with adverse finnance history, the advise is to continue and reclaim interest payed once it is setteled.My lauyer has been met with incompidence fron Audi with next to no responce.The process has been on going since March last year and formaly rejected by me for months.
Sad Tale

1 - 20 of 22 Posts