Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Washed the car yesterday a discovered a curious scratch on the O/S roof rail above the drivers door. Most odd, there is no paint damage as though whatever caused it was moving vertically upwards. I did briefly wonder if someone wearing a ring had held the rail to peer into the interior...curious petrolheads and an RS are not unheard of. Have tried Pinkstuff and a Dremel with a polishing mop but its too deep for that - replacement or wrap I think.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Jeez, that’s annoying to say the least John.
you’ve already done the obvious but how about trying a detailer? They have mysterious ways with blemishes.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Washed the car yesterday a discovered a curious scratch on the O/S roof rail above the drivers door. Most odd, there is no paint damage as though whatever caused it was moving vertically upwards. I did briefly wonder if someone wearing a ring had held the rail to peer into the interior...curious petrolheads and an RS are not unheard of. Have tried Pinkstuff and a Dremel with a polishing mop but its too deep for that - replacement or wrap I think.

View attachment 2506
John I know how much we love our cars.
Just don't think too much.
It happened for xyz reason.
I have a chipped windscreen.
And scratches plus paint chipping here and there.
I am so fussy I cant explain , but I have now made myself into just live with it.
We just can't control certain things my conclusion.

Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
My wife’s Mini has had a ‘legal’ chip in the windscreen since about 2005!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Off the topic what happened to that meet up we were thinking of?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts