Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have just retro-fitted the cruise stalk, does anyone know a cheaper way of getting the car coded to get the cruise function working other than going to an Audi dealer?
Thanks

·
Registered
563 Posts
SeaBox said:
Hi,
I have just retro-fitted the cruise stalk, does anyone know a cheaper way of getting the car coded to get the cruise function working other than going to an Audi dealer?
Thanks
Somebody with knowledge of VCD's should be able to do that, but don't quote me.Have a look on the A1 forum, the A1 and Q3 are very closely related.http://www.a1-forum.co.uk/a1forum/Btw did you fit it yourself ?
Edited by: Del

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Del,
Thanks for the link.
Yes, I fitted it this evening.
Cheers

·
Registered
563 Posts
Any chance of a how to ?I miss the cruise control I had in my previous car, I didn't think I would.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately I've already done the job and didn't take any pictures. However if you are mechanically confident enough to remove the airbag then it is a simple task. You can buy the new stalk for an A1 from ebay, once the steering wheel is removed just remove the upper and lower cowling and swap the stalk cluster over. Put it all back together and get Audi to code your car.
Whole job cost me £109 as I got a new stalk cluster for £58 off ebay and my local Audi dealer charged me 30 mins labour this afternoon to code the car, they even washed and vacuumed. I didn't bother buying a new lower cowl, I just carefully cut the old one.
Took a couple of hours but most of that was because I hadn't done it before so had to work everything out from scratch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts