Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 2012 Q3 Sline that has all the accessories I require, except for the cruise control.
It seems crazy that a £35,000 car can leave the factory without cruise control, but anyway!

Audi Nottingham will install and code the cruise control unit for £330. But having seen how easy it is on YouTube, I wondered if I should try and save myself some £££.

I can get the cruise control unit for £50 -£60 from a breakers, and I'm sure I can fit it myself.
But looking online for the cable and software, I'm not sure if I can get what I need cheaply enough to make it worth while?
Is there someone locally that can help me with the coding?

Many thanks.
Andrew

·
Registered
19 Posts
Andrew

You don't need the cable on the Q3 only the A1 needs it. if you can find someone local to you with VCDS/VAGCOM its not too difficult to do. The youtube link you have included above shows the coding steps in VCDS. Brent

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
OBD eleven could be a viable low cost option for the coding

Cheers Spike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank for the replies.

I've ordered the cruise control stalk from Synetiq (£55 delivered).

I had a look at the OBDeleven option, and it seems I would need the Pro version (£61).

So is there someone in the Midlands with VCDS or OBDeleven Pro that can help??

Many thanks
Andrew

·
Registered
369 Posts
Thank for the replies.

I've ordered the cruise control stalk from Synetiq (£55 delivered).

I had a look at the OBDeleven option, and it seems I would need the Pro version (£61).

So is there someone in the Midlands with VCDS or OBDeleven Pro that can help??

Many thanks
Andrew

Read my post here

·
Registered
413 Posts
Don't buy that SHEEP ! It's not that bad but nothing special really... if you want to properly code with ease and confidence buy a VCDS, buy a clone if you want to save money, some cost half as much as the OBDeleven device and they're absolutely fine for the old Q3.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts