Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi has anybody got a creak/knock from back of vehicle when body is flexed ie mounting kerb or going over speed bumps.Sounds like hatch seal or rear door seal.
< style="DISPLAY: none" id=NoteCtrl id=:5B13805A-8164-11D3-AA48-0000C0D98DCF>

·
Registered
106 Posts
noticed what lookes like a pull out clip on underside of removable rear parcel shelf,any ideas what it is for and or if you are supposed to use it or lock it some how?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had an irritating noise coming from the rear of the car. Took me weeks to finally track it down.If you look at the removable parcel shelf attached to the rear screen it has two rubber grommit type fixings. One of the fixings wasn't seated properly. Pushed it all the way home, hey presto noise gone!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same knocking noise coming from the rear and after reading your post it turned the grommet wasn't seated properly too! Cheers gazza good work mate!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Noise re-appeared from the rear of the car. Gromitt had popped again for no reason. I put some plumbers pvc tape around the nylon pegs and it appears to have cured the problem. Should you have tosolve issues like this on a 30K car?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi.

I think I've got the same issue on my wife's Q3.

Drives me mad - it creaks as the car twists.

However - in the post that fixes it - where are the grommets?

Are they near the removable parcel shelf (on ours it's like a roller blind)

Or are they on the tailgate itself?

Cheers.

Tony

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Audibloke said:
Hi.

I think I've got the same issue on my wife's Q3.

Drives me mad - it creaks as the car twists.

However - in the post that fixes it - where are the grommets?

Are they near the removable parcel shelf (on ours it's like a roller blind)

Or are they on the tailgate itself?

Cheers.

Tony
You must have the face lift version, which the "rubber poppers" will not apply.......AFAIK

1 - 8 of 8 Posts