Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for another newbe question. Should the standard Concert Radio in my new S Line Q3 have DAB Radio, I only have MW and FM when I view the Wavebands. I cant believe DAB is an option only in a 30k car.
cheers,
Martin

·
Registered
44 Posts
Martin, It is an option...around £300...I agree it is something you would expect as std on vehicle...cheers

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just put order in this morning for Q3 did not opt for Dab radio, is the Dab set up worth having ?

·
Registered
264 Posts
some people say they get good reception all the time others are not so happy originally the government were going to switch of analogue radio in 2015 now it seems that it will be more like 2017 according to the press .if you look up DAB radio on google [ other search engines are available ]
you can find a map which shows coverage it may help you decide

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have DAB which I paid £300 for and am very pleased with the reception and quality. The only thing I am a little disappointed with is that I often travel through quite a long tunnel and I was always under the impression that the DAB signal remained constant.. It is no better than FM in these circumstances!
Alan

·
Registered
140 Posts
I like the dab option. It, most of the time, seamlessly switches between dab and FM if the dab signal drops out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks all looks like it will be Dab

·
Registered
563 Posts
A lot of DAB radio stations broadcastat a very low bit-rate, quite a few broadcast in mono
For me you still can't beat a good quality FM broadcast.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts