Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,171 Posts
Nice neat one. Mine sits neatly behind the mirror simply because there's no camera built into the mirror mount, as a result of which it's a lot smaller than yours. I too disabled the LEDs and annoying voice, with the exception of the power-up comment which serves to alert the service personnel at the indie that services it to the fact that their every move is being recorded! :devilish:

I don't recall having a problem with the date format (mine's a DR750S) but I'll take a look before too long as I have to carry out a firmware upgrade.

·
Super Moderator
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Thanks, the manual isn't super clear - the speed alert feature is there to stop recording so as to no self-incriminate oneself with video evidence over a certain speed I guess?

·
Super Moderator
6,171 Posts
Er...no. As I understand it, it simply warns you when you exceed a certain speed. I dunno any more than that as that was one of the first things I turned off - I'm fed up with being nagged by onboard gadgets. I get enough of that from the one riding shotgun... :devilish:

I could find no way of changing the date format - mine's set to pick up time from GPS so while I could change the timezone if I wanted to, that's about it.

·
Super Moderator
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Thanks, US date format would seem entirely correct if you lived in South Korea. I'll have a play with the Speed Limit function before the new toy novelty wears off...

·
Registered
121 Posts
I purposely bought a dash cam that didn't track your speed lol. I was concerned that you couldn't switch off the GPS speed options...

Reactions: RSQ3John

·
Registered
30 Posts
The fitter has arrived, and have had the discussion over where the camera is to be located - two choices, left of centre behind the interior mirror which would be largely obscured from the driver's line of sight, but for the front seat passenger right in their view-line or the top of the screen on the passenger side with the mount on the shaded area, leaving just enough room for SD card access, have opted for the latter.

Its all done. The App on the phone has some useful features, since taking the pictures here here I've disabled the LEDs and the chattering lady, trying to get the date into UK format seems a step too far - date in UK format or displaying the correct time (i.e. not GMT +11 which is South Korea) seem to be mutually exclusive. Video quality seems excellent.

Thanks for the support and guidance.

View attachment 2549

View attachment 2550

View attachment 2551
Very nice and low visual impact... i find the female voice reassuring... y’know, not getting shouted at 🤣

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
It’s the (stony) silence you should worry about.

·
Super Moderator
6,171 Posts
Yup, it always makes you wonder what's going on in their minds - a bit like when a kid goes quiet you wonder which wall it's crayoning... :confused:

Reactions: DavidS
61 - 68 of 68 Posts