Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,171 Posts
This aptly illustrates the advantages of a Blackvue, they're one of the most unobtrusive dashcam brands on the market.

·
Super Moderator
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
That's a very neat installation, thanks for sharing Idocratese. Looking at the F3 with the mirror mount design and a sensor in the back of the mirror I rather imagine the Blackvue will have to go at the top of the screen - fitting is on Tuesday 8th June so I'll know soon enough.

·
Registered
2016 RSQ3 Exclusive Java green.
381 Posts
This is my BlackVue front and rear.. pretty difficult to see unless you really look (I think anyway) View attachment 2541 View attachment 2542
That's a great place to put it idiiocratease.
I've had to put mine at the side of the mirror due to the high beam assist.
It's still quite discreet (from the drivers side) but not as great as yours!

·
Registered
30 Posts
That's a great place to put it idiiocratease.
I've had to put mine at the side of the mirror due to the high beam assist.
It's still quite discreet (from the drivers side) but not as great as yours!
View attachment 2543
Ah, thats I suppose one advantage of not having high beam assist... but i would be more than happy to have the extra feature and juggle the camera around a bit like you... looks good to me..

·
Registered
30 Posts
That's a very neat installation, thanks for sharing Idocratese. Looking at the F3 with the mirror mount design and a sensor in the back of the mirror I rather imagine the Blackvue will have to go at the top of the screen - fitting is on Tuesday 8th June so I'll know soon enough.
Great, share pics John.. cheers alan

·
Registered
381 Posts
Ah, thats I suppose one advantage of not having high beam assist... but i would be more than happy to have the extra feature and juggle the camera around a bit like you... looks good to me..
Tbh mate the high beam assist isn't a feature I can ever use living within a large city.....too many street lights!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
And out in the country, there is so much traffic that main beam is virtually irrelevant.
I can remember back in the 70’s riding from Orpington to Hastings on full beam the whole way and never getting out of 5th gear….those were the days.
Now 200 yards is about all you get for either.

·
Super Moderator
6,171 Posts
And out in the country, there is so much traffic that main beam is virtually irrelevant.
I can remember back in the 70’s riding from Orpington to Hastings on full beam the whole way and never getting out of 5th gear….those were the days...
Yes, the police are still looking for you after that trip. :devilish:

Reactions: DavidS

·
Super Moderator
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Just taken a pic of the F3 windscreen from the outside, the black areas at the top of the screen either side of the mirror/camera/sensor mounting are glass smooth on the inside so that shaded area must be on the laminated glass interlayer film itself - my guess is that the installer will place it there.

·
Super Moderator
6,171 Posts
If he's anything like the guy who fitted mine he'll show you the options and discuss them with you before fitting, but I reckon you're right.

·
Super Moderator
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
On the topic of dash cams and recordings. Was travelling back from a meeting this evening and witnessed a bit of downright dangerous driving that but for split second reactions of two other drivers, who were not involved in the lunacy, oh so narrowly avoided a serious accident. Does one report that with the dash cam footage as evidence?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Tough one John and depends how serious the incident is... I know there's an "anonymous" upload of footage you can do but surely you would be required to testify in court over your footage if it ever came to that etc...? Has anyone else uploaded footage that has gone further than a submission....

·
Registered
381 Posts
I've been tempted a few times as some of the driving around Bradford is truly shocking!
When I looked into it, it does say you have to make yourself available incase of court proceedings....kind of puts you off tbh

·
Super Moderator
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Going to court is quite fun, includes 'expenses'...

·
Super Moderator
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·

·
Super Moderator
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 · (Edited)
If he's anything like the guy who fitted mine he'll show you the options and discuss them with you before fitting, but I reckon you're right.
The fitter has arrived, and have had the discussion over where the camera is to be located - two choices, left of centre behind the interior mirror which would be largely obscured from the driver's line of sight, but for the front seat passenger right in their view-line or the top of the screen on the passenger side with the mount on the shaded area, leaving just enough room for SD card access, have opted for the latter.

Its all done. The App on the phone has some useful features, since taking the pictures here here I've disabled the LEDs and the chattering lady, trying to get the date into UK format seems a step too far - date in UK format or displaying the correct time (i.e. not GMT +11 which is South Korea) seem to be mutually exclusive. Video quality seems excellent.

Thanks for the support and guidance.

Reactions: Mark 64

·
Registered
13 Posts
The fitter has arrived, and have had the discussion over where the camera is to be located - two choices, left of centre behind the interior mirror which would be largely obscured from the driver's line of sight, but for the front seat passenger right in their view-line or the top of the screen on the passenger side with the mount on the shaded area, leaving just enough room for SD card access, have opted for the latter.
Its all done. The App on the phone has some useful features, since taking the pictures here here I've disabled the LEDs and the chattering lady, trying to get the date into UK format seems a step too far - date in UK format or displaying the correct time (i.e. not GMT +11 which is South Korea) seem to be mutually exclusive. Video quality seems excellent. Thanks for the support and guidance.
Nice install, will definitely follow suit when mine arrives. Can you tell me if the front camera stops the passenger sun visor from fully opening?

·
Super Moderator
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 · (Edited)
Thanks, the sun visor works fine...

Reactions: Dann
41 - 60 of 68 Posts