Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Does anyone know how the coming home leaving light function works.
We have the SE version and it says it has this as a standard feature,I've not been able to work out how this works.

I have used the mmi and you go in to car and it gives you option to have the lights function on or off,it's been on since we had the car but the lights have never worked.

Any help please

Louis

·
Registered
264 Posts
as long as your light switch is on auto they should come on automatically when you lock or unlock your doors , providing its dark of course .

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi

Have just found out that our car has a basic switch,ours was taken off when in showroom to be put on another vehicle.

No one thought to tell me this, that is why I couldn't figure out why the lights wouldn't work.

Have spoken to dealer today and I'm not very happy,if I hadn't of asked them why lights didn't work I don't think I would have been told that I have the wrong switch.

Have been told part is on order,they say car that has my switch was a miss build and had a basic switch fitted at factory.

Louis

·
Registered
518 Posts
If you are saying that they nicked your switch to sort out a problem on another car, then I think that is appaling, and almost certainly illegal. What next? Seats, engines?

As a basic ground rule, under no circumstances should a dealer ever do anything with your car without at least seeking your consent first. The only exception in my view would be if they took the part from a stock car before it had been sold, with the intention of remedying it before it was delivreed to a prospective new owner. In this case, they supplied you the car with the defect, and even worse said nothing about it to you.

Disgraceful, or am I missing something here?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi

It was there show room car and they took it out before I had purchased it,with the intention of replacing it.

I'm more annoyed that they didn't think to tell me and I now only know about this because I asked why I couldn't get the auto lights to work.

I contacted the sales manager and spoke with him this evening,he is going to look into it and I asked him if I had not of mentioned it would I have eventually been told,he said yes of course but I'm not convinced.

Not what you expect buying a £30,000 car.

·
Registered
264 Posts
must be worth a free service for the incovenience . if you dont ask you dont get

·
Registered
106 Posts
help..trying to find artical on forum i read about upgrading glove box & boot light bulbs to brighter ones? spent anhour cannot find....is it still there?

·
Registered
563 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts