Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I have ordered my Q3, and after lots of deliberation, I decided to go for Caribou Brown, with Beige (Pistachio?) Nappa leather, and corresponding Beige/Brown dash, with wood trim.

My daughter heard the word "brown" and has decided she won't like it - although all photos/videos I have seen seem to point to a Copper/Bronze colour...

Has anyone else gone (or is thinking of going for) one of the slightly different Colours?

Most people seem to be going for Black/Grey/White?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hi Jules

I have gone for sphere blue, with light grey leather and larch wood trim. Reasons are
1 I like blue (all my cars have been blue
2 The grey leather brightens the inside (black is too gloomy imho!). The downside with any pale colour trim is cleaning!
3 Larch wood trim softens everything (though I hope in the flesh, as it were, it isn't too pale).

I can understand your daughter's feelings re abrown exterior, though the pistachio trim is is a nice choice!!!!

Hope this helps, and shows we aren't all black or white or shades in between (though I quite like white!)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Monsoon grey with grey cloth interior for me.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have an Audi A7 in Dakota grey but that is brown and everyone says it looks great.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, that's the badger! - I've gone for the full paint finish, but that's pretty much the way it'll look, I guess!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ordered a touch-up paint stick for Caribou Brown - 3 weeks later, no sign of it, so I chase up Audi and get this response....

"the touch up pencil is a little more difficult as the paint for your car is a special mix& no touch up is available"

A cautionary tale! How many other "Standard" colours, are "Special Mix"....

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Jules,
I got a wee pot of touchup paint from the Audi bodyshop after the dealer fobbed me off saying they didn't make it. It was the same dealers bodyshop however and they sent me down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts