Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

Collection Day Experience

3K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  Carlos 
#1 ·
Due to pick up my Q3 this Friday afternoon and was just wondering what everyone's experience was with collection day at your local Audi dealer? Did they make a big song and dance of it? i.e. car under covers, sectioned off in the showroom so no one could go near it? etc etc etc.

#2 ·
I don't think my local dealer makes a fuss on delivery. Last Audi I collected in March 2012 (A3 Cabrio) was handed over outside in the rain!!

#3 ·
I believe the car-under-covers-in-showroom-ceremonial-unveiling bit is standard for Audi, but only if they have the space and time available. If there are multiple handovers booked for one day it wouldn't be possible.

At Gromit's Retreat Audi, Mrs G's A3 handover was nice but low-key, whereas my Q3 had the full treatment.

#4 ·
I had to wait over 90 minutes longer they wanted to take photo's. MRS got a box 2 audi glasses I got a baseball cap.

Lots of Danish pastries and tea & coffee on offer but it was the 1st sep so to be expected.

Best handover was Kia

#5 ·
Mine was driven up from Oxford, and handed over to me on my driveway in the rain...
Then for my first drive, I took the delivery driver to their next appointment to collect a BMW X5 to return to Oxford - but she used the journey to explain all the gadgets.

#7 ·
2 Audi glasses and a baseball cap!! All I got was a 150 feet yacht and an executive jet!. At least that is what I thought I was entitled to having received the final invoice for the car.

#9 ·
I think they look at how much profit they've made on the deal before handing out freebies. I negotiated a deal so tight it squeaked, and what did I get?

Yup, you've guessed it - sod all.

#10 ·
So I can't expect anything extra tomorrow, either, as I played my salesman off against an internet supplier!

#11 ·
I was right. 2 leather key fobs and a cup of coffee! And the salesman forgot the cable.

However the Q3 is great.

First day's fleeting impressions .....

PLUSSES
Very light steering
Roll free cornering
Very quiet cabin (compared to diesel M-B)
The colour scheme is stunning, especially with the walnut trims.
Radio/speakers are great. Tons better than the A3 Cab.

MINUSSES
Start/stop system. I shall always turn it off.
Fuel consumption in suburban London today 17-18mpg
Complex electronics. MUST READ BOOK!
Boot's a bit small with the skinny spare.

Photos to follow over the weekend.

#12 ·
Hessel, Hull gave me and the missus a coffee and his and hers audi baseball caps....
To be honest, it suited me fine, i just wanted to the the beast out on the open

#13 ·
Congrats on the new acquisition!

I concur with all plus & minus points. Don't worry about fuel consumption - it'll improve. After 5000 miles I'm getting 27-28mpg cocking about in town traffic, up to 37.5mpg on a run if I'm poodling along admiring the scenery and about 32mpg if I'm giving it some welly on a motorway.

As for the electronics, you're dead right - RTFM!

#15 ·
The 3 new car hand overs at Audi I've experienced have been tedious to say the least.

Just seemed to take an age to get all the paperwork done, it was never all ready, the salesmen always had to go and get something printed
Averaged at least an hour for the 3, one took nearly 2 as the car was a dud. Remember to inspect it all thoroughly

#17 ·
Indeed, but yours is diesel - twoaudis has a petrol TFSI, as do I. It kind of makes a difference...

#20 ·
The TFSI is a lovely engine - I first met it in Mrs G's A3, the 1.4T version. The TDI diesels are really good, but I like the smoother, quieter petrol engine without the still slightly restrictive rev. range, equally-slight throttle lag, slow warm-up and DPF worries. Not for everyone, I know, but suits me fine.

#21 ·
I concur with Gromit. The 1.8 unit in my A3 has loads of oomph. More than I use anyway. The 2.0 (170) in the Q3 also promises to be a great unit, very smooth delivery. I'm still trying to come to terms with the Stop/Start though.The motor is so quiet I have to look at the tacho to check whether it's running!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.