Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may have seen my post on here a couple of weeks ago when I was trying to source a Q3 after my BMW got stolen.Well I finally found my car and am picking it up tomorrow!!

Eventually got a decent deal on a 5 month old ex-demo - S-Line diesal quattro in silver.Very excited although with the heavy snow here looks like I will be having to try the quattro out sooner than I thought!!

Apologies in advance for all the endless questions I will probably post on here once I have the car!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And FIRST question!

Before I pick my car up I just wondered if the car should be supplied with a lead (MMI lead?) to connect the phone?? Its an ex demo so should come with all the same bits as a new one but not sure if this is standard supply?Also how do I tell if its non-smoker package or not (it doesnt have the cool ashtray bit with it aat moment so again just wanted to check if it had gone "missing"!)......

Anything else I need to ask about/ check when I pick it up??

Many thanks and I am SOOOOOOOO excited!!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Hello and welcome

Sorry to hear about your BMW, did it get stolen using the clone key fiasco? I sold mine last year and bought the Q3 as i was sure mine would be stolen. You'll be glad to know your Q3 comes top regarding security

Car should come with the MMI lead, just remember to ask for it or they might try and charge you for it later on. The cool ashtray will be missing if the non smoking pack is specced, i'm not sure what else they change with this pack but i would ask for the ashtray as it's 40 quid to buy!!
Enjoy picking it up, you'll love itI'msure.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi thats really helpful thanks VERY much.

Yes my BMW was a victim of the cloned key problem - I always thought I would go X3 but it totally put me off another BMW! Had a Boxster sat on my drive without a problem before baby arrival forced me into something more sensible so never thought the BM would be touched!

Did I read something about different colour of MMI cable? Is there a particular one I need and will it fit an iPhone 5?

Thanks again for your help and cant wait to pick up the Q3!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I asked for and got the red cable after some advice on here

If you have the full all singing all dancing hard drive nav system then you'll def need the red one but even with the standard mmi setup the red one will give you album art when you connect an ipod etc.
The cable only has the older apple connection, you won't be able toconnectyour iphone 5 into it. You could send the music usingBluetoothor stick in an old ipod. I got an old 60Gb ipod from ebay with all my music on it.
I don't know if Audi plan to offer a newer cable for the iphone 5 or if the mmi evensupportsit,obviouslythe fullBluetoothfunctionis supported for calls, music streaming etc.BMW didn't handle that key fiasco very well imo, they must have lost a few loyal customers. I've had my Q3 for nearly 4 months and don't miss the bm at all

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi - many thanks for clarifying that's really helpful. I have an old ipod so I can use that.

I know BMW handled it so badly - I would certainly not go back to them without lots of reassurance and they simply couldnt give it me.

After a row of real wheel drive cars I am really looking forward to a car that doesnt have to sit on the driveway all winter!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
You'll be able to tell if it has the non smoking pack it is doesn't have a cigarette lighter on the centre console next to the hand brake switch.

My car came with 2 cables, I can't remember the colours but I plugged my iPhone 4s in and it worked. I tend to use the Bluetooth for the phone and an SD card for music.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yay have picked car up and TOTALLY love it - its an absolute dream to drive. Havent had time to try out all the gadgets yet (or figure out the electronic handbrake!) but really pleased with it - it was definately the right choice! Even had someone come up to me this morning after I had parked the car to ask which Audi it was and that it looked stunning!!

Had the MMI lead discussion with the Audi dealer but he maintained that as it was an ex-demo they didnt supply them with MMI cables!
I have dealt with Porsche and BMW dealers before and have to say that Audi dealers are the worst in my experience!

Anyway dont need music in my car as yet as too many other gadgets to play with!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I agree with that one , audi dealers are not nice people .. Getting my Q3 was one big argument , but saying that I do like the car .

·
Registered
613 Posts
MMI Cables are cheap enough from eBay I think - for an iPhone 5 though you'd alsoneed the converter for the Thunderbolt connector to the "old standard" Apple one...

I'd agree with Sherbs, and put your music on an SD Card (assuming you don't have the Hard-disk Jukebox) - and you can always stream Music/Podcasts from your iPhone via Bluetooth.

My iPhone is only 16Gb, so I bought an old 64Gb iPod touch to use in the car.

Funnily enough, when parked, my house wi-fi has the range to reach my car, so I've setthe iPodto automatically download new podcasts - and it connects automatically to the wi-fi and updates itself when I get home!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts