Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

Im new to this forum after spending the day reading up on coding my wife's newish car.. She has of yesterday a 2018, July 2018 registered Audi Q3.. Sadly its missing a couple of options which I think can be coded to work.. Please can someone tell me if I'm right or wrong AND if there is someone local to Leeds/West Yorkshire who wants to earn a few quid and can do the coding that would be great.

- Folding the door mirrors in..? What I can't understand is, is the motor/mechanics and gubbins already standard installed in the mirrors?? does it only need activating via code to make it work.
- Lowering the passenger mirror when reversing
- Visual/graphic display on screen when reversing. **At this moment its just an audible noise as the car only has rear sensors
- **Im not sure this one can be done via code without rewiring, but I thought her car would have the dynamic rear indicator visual, and not the 'blink, blink' which it currently has.. so the question is does the car have the ability to code to the sweeping/dynamic rear indicator?

Thank you all in advance. Any advise is greatly appreciated. Also, like I say, anyone local'ish and wants a few quid to help me.. im happy to pay.
Regards

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Hi, welcome to the club!

Sadly, none of these items can be coded in unless certain options are already fitted:-

The mirrors can be coded to autofold if they're already power-folding.

The nearside dip function is already there if you have power-folding mirrors - just set the switch to the nearside adjustment position and it'll work automatically.

The display option is only available if you have sensors all round.

The dynamic rear indicators are an (expensive) option, different light units entirely from standard.

Reactions: m80

·
Registered
1,846 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
I did the coding for visual display when reversing on my wife's A1 with MMI 3G+, which at the time had rear sensors only. The control unit is common to some Q3's.

·
Registered
393 Posts
You must make the coding on both 5f-infotainment and 10-park assist. Also you must change adaptation change on 10-Park assist to OPS DISPLAY.

Follow my instructions in detail and when finish, reset unit.
Reset is not just shut off and shut on, reset unit using button combination.

I have enabled visual on unit AE which before was never supposed to work ;)

The must is to enable RMC menu for Parking aid, either you have rear sensors only or not

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have VCDS and live in Wakefield and would be happy to help.
I sent you a couple of PMs but not sure they went as I can’t see them in the sent folder.
Mick

Reactions: kostas-k

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all,
Sorry to ask this within the thread: I have an Audi Q3-F3 (2019) and I'm looking for the right version of VCDS and cabling to buy, mainly to enable F1 palette on the steering wheel and a boot camera (retrofit)
Any suggestions?
Many thanks for your help

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for your answer, i’m just wondering if those cables and software are already working for Q3 F3. Already dropped an email to ross-tech but no answer

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Not sure if you have worked through the Ross Tech web site in detail but I was surprised to read my 'old' Hex + Can cable won't work on new VAG cars (2019 onwards) No problem if you are buying new but something to be aware of if tempted to go for the occasional used unit which comes up for sale

https://www.ross-tech.com/news.php

Cheers Spike

·
Registered
13 Posts
Maybe ask Grant at Gendan instead? He might know...
Very good suggestions... many thanks for your help, Mike from Gendan replied to my questions:
Any of the current HEX-V2 or HEX-NET packages should work fine on an F3 model Q3.
https://www.gendan.co.uk/vcds_chooser.php

Ross-Tech have a lot of information on them despite them being a relatively new model:
https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?19771-2019-Audi-Q3-quattro-2-0L-(NAR)-Scans-and-Maps

Hope this could help other user with my same question.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm trying to activate the visual indication on my Audi Q3 F3. Actually I'm able to find only the 5f section and I can modify that byte.
Unfortunately I'm not able to find the right option under "10 Park assist". Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
1,846 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Will give it a try soon.. let's see if I brick the car :tango_face_grin::tango_face_grin::tango_face_grin:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Will give it a try soon.. let's see if I brick the car :tango_face_grin::tango_face_grin::tango_face_grin:
Don't worry, it's difficult to brick the car using VCDS, if any coding is not supported it just doesn't accepts it. Just keep factory coding as a backup in case you need it if you get any fault codes. :tango_face_grin:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ok... something new: i can now see the graphic on the display but no radar “waves”. Any idea on what to check?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Ok... something new: i can now see the graphic on the display but no radar “waves”. Any idea on what to check?
Are you sure you have factory fitted PDC or you have aftermarket PDC that was fitted on dealer when bought car? Becuase if you are in the second case, you will not be able to enable visual. To enable visual you must have factory PDC unit connected on rear of the car and no cable on reverse light, because when you put Reverse, the PDC knows it from canbus.

Do you car any Parking aid menu on MMI?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts