Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 3 months old audi got a 3 cm dead cockroach stuck in the rear light!!!! What to do guys
Edited by: Queenie

·
Registered
69 Posts
Can you post a pic so we can help out or take it back to your Audi dealer?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Dont recall seeing that on the options list!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yeah - Audi would have charged £80 per light for it

·
Super Moderator
6,223 Posts
Queenie: that's pretty unfortunate (I suppose the cockroach doesn't think much of it either...) but don't let it bug you.

I'd take it to the Audi dealer if I were you, but be careful how you describe it to them - if you tell them there's a beetle in your tail-light they'll assume a VW has run into the back of you and refer you to their accident repair centre...

...and now if you lot will excuse me I'm off to find a Queenie-proof shelter before she reads this.
<exits rapidly, giggling>

·
Super Moderator
6,223 Posts
<delivers smack to own head>

Ah, THAT'S what it is! D'you know, I thought it was some clever electronic gizmo.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gromit said:
Queenie: that's pretty unfortunate (I suppose the cockroach doesn't think much of it either...) but don't let it bug you. 

I'd take it to the Audi dealer if I were you, but be careful how you describe it to them - if you tell them there's a beetle in your tail-light they'll assume a VW has run into the back of you and refer you to their accident repair centre..
...and now if you lot will excuse me I'm off to find a Queenie-proof shelter before she reads this.
<exits rapidly, giggling>

Gromit, humorous enough, r you a movie director or some sort of scrip writer? there seems no one can.help in this forum.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Oh Gromit, you've really upset Queenie here!

It's patently obvious what you do Queenie, like everyone has suggested, take it into Audi! And as if by magic they will either remove it if they can or replace it. It's up to you whether you argue the toss with them about who's going to pay for it, but I imagine by the sounds of it you'll need someone to hold your hand...
Edited by: SteveW

·
Super Moderator
6,223 Posts
Sorry Queenie, but every time I tried to post a helpful, factual answer it ended up sounding facetious, so I tried a bit of humour instead.

The only solution is indeed the obvious one - take it to your Audi dealer who will be able to quickly remove the offending creature by judicious application of an airline to the relevant orifice having first removed the bulb or - at worst - the light unit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks gromit, steve, u guys r really helpful. However, my professor in microbiology tells me that a cockroach corpse is biodegradable, leave it alone it will break into pieces in time.

·
Registered
85 Posts
It's a new car, just talk about it at hte dealer, you didn't pay for a cockroach option, so you don't want it. No need to drive a couple of years to remain with cockroach dust in the rear light.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
AfAX said:
It's a new car, just talk about it at hte dealer, you didn't pay for a cockroach option, so you don't want it. No need to drive a couple of years to remain with cockroach dust in the rear light.
dealer says its beyond the scope of present warranty scheme, pay£500 for a new set of light, remember to add an extra of £100 labour costs.

·
Super Moderator
6,223 Posts

1 - 20 of 26 Posts