Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As promised, here's the full set taken the day it arrived. Some have been posted already in another thread.

I'll add more when I get better weather.

Sorry, couldn't resist it.

I just love the interior colour contrast.

The storage option was well worth it.

They may be only the standard wheels but I prefer them to any of the options - I think they suit the style of the car. (well, somebody has to like them)

That's it, more when the sun is shining - it's the only time the true beauty of Cobalt Blue is in evidence.

Edited by: Gromit

·
Registered
518 Posts
Looks great. Mine is in Sphere Blue, but also with the grey interior. I agree with you that it makes all the difference, but the only downside, of course, is that it is harder to keep clean. Actually, of course, it is the same as black to keep clean, but the dirt is more visible and apparent with grey. Perhaps that isn't a bad thing after all, as it encourages one to keep everything clean and tidy!Great choice

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
What a cracking motor Gromit, at last i hear you say

I actually really like the lighter interior, i had it before on a Golf but changed it to dark later on when i ordered the Q3. Same wheels as me, you'll like them all the more when you graze a high kirb and they don't get marked due to the high sidewalls. After 9 months they still look like new and my parking is errrm iffy even with all them sensors.

I think your car is my car's evil twin

·
Super Moderator
6,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At last some sunshine! Cobalt Blue only looks like a real metallic blue in bright sunlight...

...see what I mean?

Under any other lighting conditions it just looks black or midnight blue.

·
Registered
58 Posts
hi gromit
looks very nice but a pair of £22 quid rear tail pipe trims would finnish the look

that was a long wait but well worth it looks lovely
i do like the standard se wheels dark colours go very well with them
to save a row at home i have just ordered a volvo xc60 se lux as my next company car only 65 days to go
enjoy i know i did

·
Super Moderator
6,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just adding the luggage recess mod to the gallery (as detailed elsewhere)...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Nice car Gromit. Usually I don't like blue for cars, but this is a great color, as all Q3 colors :). You get better standard wheels then we do (or Germany), be happy
. But since I prefer other options over wheels, I don't really care neither and wouldn't upgrade my standard wheels.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have today taken delivery of a monsoon grey q5 with light "grey" titanium fabric like yours.
In your experience has it wore well or would ou consider seat covers?

I am questioning buying as the interior is a little lighter than i expected for "grey"

·
Super Moderator
6,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I've only clocked up 2700 miles so far but the seats seem to be taking it very well. It would be one **** of a shame to cover up upholstery that good-looking with seat covers - I'd suggest you see how it goes and be prepared to give it an annual upholstery shampoo if it needs it. It's dead easy these days, the (foaming) cleaner just sprays on and wipes off.

·
Super Moderator
6,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Daniel TD5 said:
looks very nice but a pair of £22 quid rear tail pipe trims would finnish the look
Oh alright then.

Having considered it long and hard, you're right - they will finish the car a treat and I've just ordered a set.

I'm expecting that they will fit a treat but if they don't it's ALL YOUR FAULT.

Thanks for the tip(s).

·
Registered
485 Posts
A set of 'chrome' fog light surrounds would help set the front off as well

·
Super Moderator
6,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wahayyy! Me chrome tailpipe trims have just arrived.

I grabbed the package from the postguy's hot little hand and had them fitted before he got to the end of our road. The quality is amazingly good - especially considering the price - and they really finish the back of the car off a treat.

I'll post a pic as soon as it stops pissing down.

·
Super Moderator
6,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As promised...

·
Registered
20 Posts
<table ="tableBorder" align="center" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" style="text-align: left; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-top-color: rgb204, 204, 204; border-right-color: rgb204, 204, 204; border-bottom-color: rgb204, 204, 204; border-left-color: rgb204, 204, 204; : rgb255, 255, 255; width: 968px; table-layout: fixed; "><t><tr ="msgOddTableRow" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; : rgb251, 251, 253; height: 200px; min-height: 200px; "><td valign="top" ="msgLineDevider" style="border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-top-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-right-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-bottom-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-left-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-top-width: 1px; "><div ="msg" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; width: 819px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; margin-left: 2px; overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: auto; ">Nice car Gromit, looks mint
</td></tr></t></table>

1 - 15 of 15 Posts