Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Has anyoneencountered a creak coming from the clutch pedal (both pressing and depressing)? It's pretty much the full travel of the pedal. Has anyone got any ideaswhat's causing it?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Testdrove the smallest engine (140 manual TDI i think) at a local dealer once and in that car the gas pedal did a creaky noise when pushed down a bit. That did lower the feel of the car tremendously. Since it was the smaller model and a test model i waved the issue away. Still waiting for my Q3 arriving mid August hope that this low quality build will be long gone.I assume that it's either 2 things. 1. Bad material and construction (keeping prices low). 2. Built in a rush.Not sure you have the same issue as i did with the gas pedal but it feels a little bit alarming. If i were you i would send it to the dealer asap.

·
Registered
106 Posts
had a creeking/cracking noise from my gear stick area & rh side front

had a creaking/cracking noise from gear stick area & r/hand lower front dash took it back to dealer repaired very quickly,said it was faulty position cable on climate control & lub throttle pedal?

·
Registered
18 Posts
my clutch pedal creaks as you say, and a slight vibration as well, have been in to dealers for health check, they say its normal on all audis,

·
Registered
18 Posts
does any one know where i can get a space saver wheel , missed it on options spent 7k on bit and missed the 75 wheel had 1st punture bloody great bolt. in tyre..

·
Registered
103 Posts
My clutch pedal has a slight vibration during operation, my local Audi service manager test drove my car and explained that it was quite normal as for the new double clutch plate assembly fitted to the Q3 and only if there was any noiseassociated with the operation, then there maybe a problem. He must have seen thedisbelieving look on my face as he took me to another two Q3's and yes they were the same.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a Audi q3 140 TDI with the manual gearbox. The first two days everything was perfect. I started then feeling a vibration on the clutch pedal that is increasing from then. After 30 minutes in town today I dearly leave my foot on the clutch and I prefer to pass quickly in neutral (death point) to rest my left foot! I left my car at the service for 5 days and they gave my car back saying that everything is normal and that they don't see any problem.... I asked to drive an other Q3 TDI and the difference was great : No annoying vibration, the clutch pedal was quiet lighter and overall I felt less vibrations. The technician agreed that there is a significant difference between the 2 cars, but he still can't see how he could fix my car ....Today I hear a slight vibration on the dashboard behind the steering wheel when I accelerate from the first gear to the 2d, I have a feeling that the brake pedal is shaking very slightly I even have the impression that the gears don't change as smoothly as in the first days .... I must say that I didn't expect that from Audi.I am really disappointed by this car, does anybody else have these problems ? If yes, is there any solution to fix them?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a squeeky noise from my clutch pedal had them change the pedal - annoying sound beyond believe, 1 year later same problem returned they tried to lubricate it but again ended up with a new pedal. Then when I thought it returned again it turned out to be my chair, every time I press the pedal I also put force on the chair and it squeeks.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Im not very impressed with the mechanics (or should I say fitter) if they can't pinpoint a noise...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts