Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

Club sticker unsticks

6K views 32 replies 11 participants last post by  Gromit 
#1 ·
Has anyone else had any problems with the club stickers falling off? I have one on the front screen (no problem. Yet!) and one on the back which has fallen off and will not stick back onto the rear screen.
Does anyone have any ideas about re-conditioning the plastic to make it adhere again?

#2 ·
It's all Gromit's fault........no doubt about it, I had my suspicions about him from the start........today Club Stickers tomorrow the World.

#3 ·
Haven't seen one yet, but if it's just a shiny, smooth piece of soft plastic, take it off and wash it in warm soapy (fairy liquid type) water. Dab dry on tissue, ensure glass is clean and try to fix it again. Usually works for this type of sticker. And I think Gromit should give me one for this excellent advice!!

I just had to get in there before BB!!!

#6 ·
Yes a dirty rear can cause all sorts of problems.

Clean rear with a good glass polish, don't lick and stick.

#9 ·
oakey46 said:
This topic is degenerating into a massive rear end!
Just thought (always a bad thing) - talking about massive rear ends - reminded me of the Bentley Bentayga I saw out being tested from the factory yesterday near Nantwich (which is near to where they are built in Crewe). Looked like a damned great truck. Hope the next, post FL Q3, doesn't look anything like it. And my FL is still on schedule for week 53 i.e. week commencing 28 Dec.

#11 ·
oakey46 said:
And I think Gromit should give me one for this excellent advice!!

I just had to get in there before BB!!!

Not quite sure what it is you are suggesting, and it was you who brought 'rear ends' up? I thought their orientation was quite clear.

However, I am not one who would criticize your preferences and I thank you for your help with the club sticker.

#12 ·
Oakey......I think it is up to Gromit if he gives you one, send a clear passport photo of yourself in a plain envelope to him.....sort of like snail mail Tinder

#14 ·
Gromit may well "give you one" if this keeps up

He is very quite lately, perhaps he is still doing that part time job at Debenhams...scaring the little kids

#21 ·
Now you really are being silly! As anyone wondered what has happened to Gromit It pretty unnerving when he is this silent. Perhaps he is keeping his head down till the compensation request subdues?

#24 ·
Sorry, I haven't replied before as I lacked the necessary information to help you. The stickers are static cling which are fine if applied correctly and leave no residue when they're removed which was the reason for going for them. The first two stickers were applied to my Q3 and are still adhering perfectly so I have no personal experience of the problem, but the secret apparently is in the preparation - see here....

http://askville.amazon.com/window-decal-cling-stick-car-rolling/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=2996767

Hope this helps.

#25 ·
This may provide a solution but will it affect the resale value of the stickers Gromit?

#26 ·
Er.....no. Not at all. Honest.

The stickers were worth bugger-all before and they'll still be worth bugger-all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.