Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up some 2011 - 2015 AUDI Q3 S LINE HALF LEATHER FRONT AND REAR SEATS INTERIOR off of eBay to go in my mrs 2012 q3. Is there any tips for swapping seats over, is it straight swap or does anything need programing? Many thanks

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Think they should be 'plug and play' but make sure you don't turn the ignition on when the airbag connectors under the front seats are unplugged.
Also double check the seat mounting bolts as Audi have a habit of mixing 12 point Star bit fasteners in with the usual Torx screws. It's quite easy to chew the heads up if you use the wrong bits

Cheers Spike

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Spike, you don't happen to know of a link to where I can buy a 12 point Star bit from at all?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Also known as XZN or Triple square. Relatively common at Automotive tool outlets.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Oops, as manfrotto indicated there are more popular descriptions, including Spline bits.
'Star' is probably the least common name
Think the front seat runners use M10 spline so most of these sets on ebay would be fine
I've used Laser and US Pro brands which seem decent quality

Cheers Spike

·
Registered
703 Posts
RS Components have the correct tooling.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha was going to fit these seats at weekend and now know why they were cheap... All the wiring has been cut! Anyone know where I can get a diagram so I can solder on either looms from old seats or add in new blocks? thx

·
Registered
380 Posts
Why can't you just use the wiring loom from your original seats?

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
It's difficult to see the detail but it looks like only the chassis side wiring has been cut and everything for the seat electrics is intact up to the multi pin connectors.
I'd remove one of your seats and set it side by side with the new one as a quick check on the wiring integrity

Cheers Spike

Reactions: Gromit

·
Registered
112 Posts
Spike is right. Don't worry. You should be able to use your original wires as they can be easily disconnected - see photo.
I can't see an airbag igniter wire if it's cut or not ( should be ended with a yellow plug). If it is you will have to replace it with the original one taken from your car. Soldering is a bad idea.
In order to replace it anyway the side airbag will have to be removed. I would definatelly recommend to replace wiring and the airbag with your original one.
Removing the airbag may seem to be difficult but believe me it is possible! I have retrofited my seats too :).
To gain acces to the side airbag a rear panel has to be removed and a part of upper upholstery detached. I have manual how to do it so let me know - I can share.
cheers

·
Registered
20 Posts
I changed the whole S-Line leather/alcantara upholstery over to my original seat frame as they were on electric bases from factory.

It was a pain to do but was worth it in the end to continue to have electric seats rather than manual S-Line seats.

Everything was plug and play with the S-Line manual seats, but got over having to adjust them manually on the regular sharing the car with the mrs.

I still can't believe I actually went ahead and pulled the upholstery off, it was one **** of an experience for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts