Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HiI know the clock displays on the MMI screen , but is there a way it can be displayed on the drivers info system near the speedo etc - I can get the date showing, how many miles I have of diesel etc but miss having a clock in that particular place?Anyone know or is this facility not available?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Which MMI do you have? Colour (hi-resolution) one, or the Black and white one?
The Clock does appear on the Colour one, if the trip computer is set to the correct "mode" (and possibly cruise control switched off,I think)... I'll double check on the way home!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ooh now Im getting confused (sorry all new to me), is the MMI the screen that you push up which shows you all the controls etc? If so yes the clock does appear here but I wanted it to show on the display above the steering wheel - does that make sense?ThksDebbie

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi debs it should display there. Do you have the controls on the stealing wheel. If so then on the left hand side of the wheel there is a button that looks like 3 lines. If you press this it will give you a couple of different options such as digital speedo, computer and efficancy mode.

If you are on computer then it should show the time but if not then scroll the little mouse type wheel up that is also on the left hand side of the steering wheel. If you are in digital speedo mode then again try the little mouse wheel and it will take you through the options such a date or Time or fuel or mpg

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hiya
Thanks for that found it!! Although is there a way I can change it to a 24 hour clock, as it displays 24 hour clock format on the mmi but not this one?

Another question, after the date, amount of fuel it comes up with 0.48h with a no.1 along side it - what's this?

Thanks
Debbie

·
Registered
100 Posts
All the little 1's are your current/last trip and then you keep scrolling and you should see the same sort of numbers with a 2 against them.

So in your case you have just driven for 48 minutes and if you scroll to the 2's it may show you have driven for 100 minutes (for example)

·
Super Moderator
6,028 Posts
I know it's boring but some time spent reading the manuals will really pay dividends - there are so many options that it really is the only way to get familiar with the car's many systems.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Da, getting there!

Ah ha but Gromit I am a female and very impatient and want answers yesterday and if I have to read the manual, then it will be this time next year before I find answers
so all the help is very much appreciated

·
Super Moderator
6,028 Posts
But...but...females are supposed to be good at multi-tasking, aren't they? Surely you can hold the manual in one hand whilst ironing with the other...

(Runs like **** for deep-level shelter, thinking "I am SO dead now...")

·
Registered
302 Posts
Deb960 said:
Thanks Da, getting there!

Ah ha but Gromit I am a female and very impatient
<cough> - one female here who will be reading the manual in bed and in the carjust as soon as I can get my hands on it
It's my husband who will just get in and drive and expect me to answer all the questions

·
Registered
86 Posts
LOL Gromit...glad you said that..

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ooh bambi great - when you get to the bit about 24 hour clock, can u let me know........
, that way I can get on with the ironing!

That did make me laugh Gromit

·
Super Moderator
6,028 Posts
My pleasure, m'lady.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Deb960 said:
Ooh bambi great - when you get to the bit about 24 hour clock, can u let me know........
, that way I can get on with the ironing!
You'll have a long wait ...... could be another 8 weeks
(Maybe your ironing pile is that big
)

·
Registered
69 Posts
12/24 hour clock can be changed via the MMI settings in the center console

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gromit - you will be impressed, I have looked at the manual! Well just the bit about clock setting! Great I hear you say - however .................................
It tells me to press the set button to the left of the dials, so yes and hey presto the time is displayed, but only for a short while and then goes back to normal! So all I can see is how many mph I am doing in digital format, which I want, but no time/clock showing!

It only shows when impress the set button down, but does not show continuously in the display. Ideally I'd like the digital mph showing, outside temperature and time - any way I can get to that or not?

As said, I have turned my iron off and looked through, and played around but can't get there.

Come in guys, I need your help.?.............

·
Super Moderator
6,028 Posts
10/10 for trying m'dear!

I'm not able to dash out to the car for my manual at the mo' but I can tell you that my Q3 displays the time permanently in the format I selected and I'm sure it was through the MMI settings menu. As soon as I can I'll check it out and give you the details.

The manual can be a bit confusing as it gives all the options for cars not fitted with the drivers information system (not available in the UK) as well as those that have (UK spec).

I'll get back to you as soon as I can (providing no-one else beats me to it!).

·
Registered
563 Posts
HiOn the MMI buttons select menu, if you look at the screen you will see time in the top left corner of the screen, press the big top left button on the MMI and the time menu will appear scroll down to time format and select 24 Hr.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi del

Thanks for that and yes the MMI screen is set up as 24 hour clock, but what I would,like is the time to show on the other screen - the one between the rev counter and speedometer. Ideally I would like the time to show, all the time, plus the digital speedometer to show.
Any ideas?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts