Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a little glass over the instrument panels, or more like plastic... anyone knows how to clean it? without scratching it, its really annoying when the sun hits it directly.... thanks in advance.

Edited by: Mindstorms

·
Super Moderator
6,231 Posts
A slightly dampened microfibre cloth (spectacle lens cleaning cloth, f'rinstance) will do the job without damage. Beware of any cleaning solutions though - there's just a chance they'll attack the plastic and render it opaque, depending on what they're made up of.

·
Super Moderator
6,231 Posts
(chuckles)

No, but you're close - a Jaguar X-Type Estate. I also know from years of bitter experience as an IT consultant engineer how easy it is to completely screw a transparent or gloss plastic surface with the wrong sort of cleaning solvent - the many utterly bolluxed TFT monitor screens I have seen bear witness to that.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was it a good car??? you have trouble with it? How does it compares to the q3?? Optional questions im interested in your opinion dough i think i read something in the posts. Thanks for the Help again..

·
Super Moderator
6,231 Posts
The Jaguar? It was an SE 2.5 V6 4WD automatic estate and I loved it - luxurious, quiet, stuck to the road like a leech, plenty of carrying space and superbly finished. It was reliable, too - in 100,000 miles it only had two problems (reversing sensor and aircon compressor) although the driveshafts were starting to wear by the time I sold it.

It had a few downsides though - top rate car tax (£460 p.a.), 25mpg, headlights as dim as Toc H lamps and a fuel tank that took forever to fill due to it's flat shape - but for all that it was a lovely car. I love my Q3 but I shan't forget that Jaguar in a hurry.

·
Registered
234 Posts
<
headlights as dim as Toc H lamps>

Hi Gromit

That's an expression I haven't seen or heard in many a year. It also refers to my last VAG car, 2001 VW Golf 4 tdi. I had to replace both headlamp bulbs when I nearly ran an invisible pedestrian over in Osnabruck in the dark and pouring rain. The local VW dealer in Kressbronn, S.Germany, fitted a pair of Xenon-type bulbs to replace the standard ones. Boy, what a difference!

I hope the Q3 has better standard lights. I'll find out this weekend.

·
Super Moderator
6,231 Posts
I have the standard headlights and they are well adequate.

The expression may be old but I'm probably one of a very few people that can use it knowing exactly what it means. My father worked for the Toc H movement all his working life - he was General Secretary for many years, followed by Overseas Commissioner for which period he was based in Germany. Having seen many Toc H lamps in action (and cleaned a few of them for pocket money when I was a kid) I can tell you they are SERIOUSLY DIM.

·
Registered
234 Posts
My Dad once went to a Toc H retreat at Poperinge, Belgium. Spring 1958 if my memory serves. Followed by our road trip to Brussels for the Expo '58. Remember the Atomium?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I used my lights for the first time yesterday they seem to light the road ahead really well. It's a sort flat to the road illuminating ahead. It's very bright white and doesn't seem to dazzle oncoming traffic. It's not tiring on the eye's

It's like the headlamps were fitted on to the road surface should be great in the fog

But we all see the world in different ways this is the first time on car that I have used these soft of headlights. I don't really fully understand how they work.

I always swopped bulbs to Philips on every car I have had no need to this time.

My sierra had the worst lights ever

I have never owned a car with drl or rear led apart from my Mitsubishi Outlander (rear led)

·
Super Moderator
6,231 Posts
twoaudis said:
My Dad once went to a Toc H retreat at Poperinge, Belgium. Spring 1958 if my memory serves. Followed by our road trip to Brussels for the Expo '58. Remember the Atomium?
Yup. Your Dad will have met mine then - he was at Poperinge in the Spring of '58, in fact he had a lot to do with setting it up. He was away for weeks at a time over there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts