Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any ideas for chrome / stainless wing mirrors. Can't find any for a Q3 anywhere. Not sure if I want to go to the trouble of changing the whole mirror casings but on the other hand not sure how good some of the covers that i've seen for other Audi's are. The other option i thought of was getting the existing mirrors "wrapped" but the chap I spoke to said I would have to buy a whole roll of the stuff and at £400 a roll I think I'll give it a miss. Any other ideas would be gratefully received.

·
Registered
301 Posts
have a look at this some vids on youtube.
<h1 ="product-name" itemprop="name" style="margin: 0.3em 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 1.4em; line-height: 1.17em; color: rgb167, 0, 0; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Plasti Dip Silver Metalizer Spray (311g)</h1>In stock: Ready to shipProduct code: S218SILVER<div ="ptext" style="margin: 5px 0px; padding: 0px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 18px; color: rgb68, 68, 68; line-height: 18.59375px; : left;">Only <div ="price-" style="margin: 0px; padding: 5px 0px 10px; color: rgb68, 68, 68; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 18.59375px;">£14.00

·
Registered
302 Posts
Why do you want chrome mirrors ? When I was a child all cars had chrome wing mirrors, then the fashion changed to 'same' coloured mirrors. Is it the latest fashion now to have chrome ? Personally I couldn't care less as long as they work
Edited by: Bambi

·
Registered
274 Posts
Tried having a look for you and surprised I couldn't see any. How about the satin effect ones of the RSQ3? Look a bit classier than full on chrome bling. Should be able to get those once it gets a bit more common.

·
Super Moderator
6,061 Posts
Agreed - I was looking at an RSQ3 earlier this week in Gromit's Retreat Audi and the mirrors looked lovely. Much better than full-on chrome.

·
Registered
188 Posts
The RSQ3 aluminum mirror cover is avaialble in Japan but at a hefty price.

http://www.g-speed.jp/product/1615

You can also check the RSQ3 steering wheel :

http://www.g-speed.jp/product/1724Edited by: pekX2to

·
Registered
18 Posts
Don't go for chrome mirrors. They have a habit of being ripped off. Quite common across the UK, I had my previous S3 done twice. The same night 4 other Audi S variants were done in the area.

·
Registered
302 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
But what if they were nice, shiny new sleeves?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts