Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am waiting for my Q3 SE which does not have the chrome tailpipes. Audi want £92 for theirs.I have seen several sites where some can be bought for £20/30. May not last so long but I never keep my cars more than 3 years.Can anyone advise me the diameter of the tailpipes?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi MikeI too bought an SE, delivered 3 weeks ago, and enquired about chrome tailpipes with the dealer. He said they were only fitted to the S-Line and that I'd have to go on e-bay or similar to buy.I waited as I'd seen an SE on their forecourt with chrome tailpipes and low and behold mine turned up with them fitted. I'd wait to you get yours before buying, just in case they are fitted.Fingers crossed.RegardsMark

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Picked mine up a couple of months ago, no chrome pipes for me tho

However tis the season to be jolly so they are on my crimbo list

·
Registered
485 Posts
Picked up my Q3 SE TDI in September and they were fitted to mine when I picked it up.
I have to say that they look very nice against the Monsoon grey colour

·
Super Moderator
1,724 Posts
When I'm correct it should be Partnumber: 8U0 071 761.

Further I can tell you, you must be extremely carafull mounting these Tips on your exhaust. They fit perfect but with almost no move space (sideways). And, when they are mounted, you won't get them off again because of a clamp-system in it!

I will ask my (German) dealer what his price is for these Exhaust Tips

·
Super Moderator
1,724 Posts
Got the answer.
He sales them OEM for 80 Euro inclusive Shipping and Handling to GB. Nice Price? Let me know so I can go on with arranging it for you.

Edited by: audidriver4ever

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone! I'd best wait to see if Maidstone Audi are generous then! After 10% discount on the price and them throwing in a space saver wheel without charge I have my doubts!
Mine will be Silver - full paint job and 19 inch Alloys. Anyone got this mix as I can't find a picture to see what I am getting?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Maybe we can organise a group buy on these @audidriver4eva

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have no idea if this is useful or not, as I have not checked size...but... I had a Scirocco GT until my new Q3 arrived on Sunday. Surprisingly, no chrome pipes on the Scirocco, but the Rocco owners club advised me to buy Skoda Yeti chromes, as they were a perfect fit and cost only £29, against a VAG costs of £90. I ordered and they fitted a treat. They're still on her wherever she will go!!!
Jan

·
Super Moderator
1,724 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Are these not standard fit on the S-Line?

I'll have a set for my SE if they fit

·
Registered
78 Posts
The SE tailpipes are 70mm diameter, so you need a trim somewhat larger. The Audi trims are 85mm diameter and have internal spacers & toothed grippers to secure them. They have a slight slash cut to the end to match that on the tailpipe. Other aftermarket trims may use a screw to secure to the tailpipe. I would think a trim around 80mm would fit and probably be significantly cheaper than the Audi accessory version. Having said that, I bought the Audi ones and they do look good.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi all. I bought the yeti trims thinking I was being clever.... There too small.... Gutted. Buy cheap, buy twice. Anyone want to buy some chrome exhaust pipes to fit a skoda yeti???? ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
i had the Audi chrome Exhaust pipes fitted to my Q3, last week. They look great, and finish off the styling very well.Yes i paid the Audi going rate of £90, but my local dealership only charged £25 to fit them. They then carried out free health check on the car and washed and vacumed it also for free.
so you pay for what you get i suppose. other have mentioned getting cheaper brands from China etc, only to find that they do not fit.
you've already splashed a lot of cash out on your new pride and joy, why use anything other than genuine Audi approved parts accessories

1 - 20 of 30 Posts