Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So has anyone on here had their Diesel chipped yet?

Just wondered if it was worth doing performance enhancements fuel economy etc.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi have a chipexpress box ready to fit once a few more miles on the clock.
Mine is a 2.0TDI 177 had a chipexpress box on previous car Toyota Rav4 brilliant also their service is excellent.Will post with findings once fitted.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Checked out this chip, looks good.

2 questions.

1 Does it impact on the Audi warranty? The chipexpress website says it has no impact on warranty, but I am not convinced.

2 What impact would it have on insurance?

Would appreciate your experience and thoughts!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Is easily removable so dont see any warantee problems.I believe insurance should be notified best to check with your insurer hope this helps.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Would the fact that the chip had been "installed but subsequently removed" (nudge nudgewink wink!)show up on the Audi diagnostics if the car went in for a service or a warranty repair?

·
Registered
18 Posts
As far as I am aware the box in undecetable when removed but check with any chip box supplier first.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Why are people wanting to chip what is an exceptionally talented and thoroughly pleasant all round car? Sure when its a few years old but when brand new and still on a learning curve, surely not?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I understand what you mean but there will always be people who want more from their car.
I have chipped/remapped every car I have had for the last 15 years or so usually makes them nicer to drive no flatspots etc or in the case of diesels usually more economical.

·
Registered
5 Posts
jsybrian said:
I understand what you mean but there will always be people who want more from their car.
I have chipped/remapped every car I have had for the last 15 years or so usually makes them nicer to drive no flatspots etc or in the case of diesels usually more economical.
I agree with you 100% and look forward to your update once fitted. With a chipped/remapped engine you are getting the best out of it and it just makes sense.

·
Registered
61 Posts
When my last car was in for a service and we were getting ready to pay the service manager asked "is there anything else we can do for you"?To which I jokingly replied - "you could do a re-map for me to get every ounce of power from the car"!He told me that they did not have that facility on site and whats more would not be able to detect if a car had been re-mapped unless there were the obvious signs of abuse such as injector problems or a burnt out clutch. Now that got me thinking, but I never did chance a voided warranty - but I was tempted.I am very impressed with the torque on my 140bhp diesel so far and do not anticipate messing around with it, especially as it is returning just under 60mpg so far - amazing.

·
Registered
563 Posts
M25 Audi dealers do performance upgrades, I think my salesman said they do not invalidate the warranty, and they can do the Q3.Here is a link to Q5 page as they do not list the Q3 yet, I think the engines are much the same....http://www.m25audi.co.uk/accessories/audi-q5-parts.html

·
Registered
6 Posts
According to the salesman at my local Audi garage they have no way of telling if a car has been remapped.He gave me the name of the garage they send all there customers Audi's for remaps.Had aquote of £699 for remap up to 260BHP from 170BHP TFSI petrol. not went for it yet.

·
Registered
563 Posts
260 bhpis a very big jump, I'm not sure if the transmission and brakes would be up to the job of coping with that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just check out Chipexpress site or Tunit for a rough idea.

·
Registered
111 Posts
[Just curious, but why is it called "remapping"? My understanding was that it is possible to alter turbo pressure, fuel injection timing, amount and pressure, and such things. Don't quite see where the "mapping" comes into play. Ok, I actually found out from the Wikipedia page for "Engine control unit", very interesting reading!]
Also, I haven't heard about such "removable chip boxes" before. Sounds tempting! Where do you connect these things? (Maybe it will become apparent when reading the owner's manual, but I haven't gotten my Q3 yet, so I have no clue...)
J.

Edited by: JayN

1 - 20 of 20 Posts