Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My glove box has the control disk for this function and is definitely open (can poke finger in) but there is just no flow of air.
Am I missing something? I have tried various vent settings but still nothing.

I have only recently purchased the car (2015 Q3 Quattro S Line + and it was advertised as having this function.
I had this function on a Ford focus and it cooled really well. I'm not expecting fridge type cooling but there is nothing.

Any suggestions please before I take the glovebox out to examine connections behind ?

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
Silly question: is the aircon running and set to Auto?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes to both and have also tried it with the fan speed ramped up to maximum and closed some of the vents.
I take it there should be a good flow of air to the glove box?

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
TBH I've never noticed it particularly, I just know that the bottles of mineral water I keep there are always deliciously cool after a journey of any significant distance. Perhaps one of our more technically expert members can provide some more useful input. Paging Spike, Manfrotto et al... :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Like Gromit, I have never really noticed it.

I will check mine, but I suspect the airflow out of the vent to be pretty low, as it only has to cool a very small area. I assume you have tested it, to see if something gets cooled while in the glove box?
The only other thing I can think of is perhaps the connecting pipe to the vent has become disconnected.

Reactions: Gromit

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
As manfrotto indicated, there is not much to go wrong so a detached pipe is the most likely culprit.
Not sure if it's possible but there is a removable panel below the glove box which may allow you to check the pipe without taking the glove box out first
Q. did you try with the cabin temp on the lowest setting as the very cold airflow may be more noticeable in the glove box

Cheers Spike Product Water Font Slope Naval architecture

·
Registered
450 Posts
I checked the vent while out today, and it definitely blows air when the AC is on.
So it sounds like you may have a disconnected pipe ( or a blockage?)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally got round to speaking to an Audi technician and actually testing another Q3 on the forecourt and it is exactly the same and correct.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts