Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I just took delivery of my car the other day – what a joy. I have been noticing a cold draft coming from the center console / gear stick area. After 10 minutes in the car I can feel my right upper thigh is noticeable colder than my left (right hand driving in Denmark).
The actual location is pretty hard to find, as I can't feel any air rushing in or anything. Might be some sort of cooling from the cup holders?
Will be having a talk with the dealer but I would like to know if anyone else has noticed this.
Besides that – what a car. No vibrations or anything.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
audidriver4ever said:
Well, exept from the draft: wish you a smile on your face with every Kilometre you drive your Q3
I'm smiling all the way - keep finding excuses to take a drive.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hmm. I haven't noticed any such draft, and I think I'm particularlysusceptible to these things... :) (The guys at work never let any chance of making fun of me wrt. draft pass...)
I think the cause should be found in your choice of fan speed and vent directions. Unless of course something is wrong.
PS. I almost never use the AC, only when it gets really, really hot, or when it gets humid inside. Also, during the winter now, I find the auto fan speed to be too much, so I have to turn it down manually. (It was ok during the summer months, though, then I found the auto "intelligence" to match my preferences perfectly.)

·
Super Moderator
1,716 Posts
JayN said:
Hmm. I haven't noticed any such draft, and I think I'm particularlysusceptible to these things... :) (The guys at work never let any chance of making fun of me wrt. draft pass...)
I think the cause should be found in your choice of fan speed and vent directions. Unless of course something is wrong.
PS. I almost never use the AC, only when it gets really, really hot, or when it gets humid inside. Also, during the winter now, I find the auto fan speed to be too much, so I have to turn it down manually. (It was ok during the summer months, though, then I found the auto "intelligence" to match my preferences perfectly.)
Be sure to 'activate' the AC occasionally otherwise the AC-pump will rust and get jammed. And replacement is expensive

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yep, will do, thanks for the tip! I also read that somewhere else, maybe in the owner's manual...

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I used to work for BMW many moons ago and they always advised customers to keep the AC on during the winter, using Auto all the time. I've had it on Auto in my Q3 since the day I picked it up, also the auto recirc on but the fan never really goes above 2 bars.
Bit annoying you have to press the front button to demist the front, had a sensor below the front windscreen in my last motor for that. Option perhaps?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts