Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a lurker here for a long time and feel that I know the car quite intimately, thanks to all your posts. My desired car has been spec'ed out with all the safety features (lane departure warning, blind spot warning, and parking assist). Bottom line price may force some compromise, but I cannot order it!!!!

Over a year ago Audi Canada promised that it was coming, and even had the Q3 Vail concept in the North American auto shows. Recent reports from them say coming next year. Seems unlikely that it would be introduced as a mid 2014 spec so at best it seems it would be a 2015 model year available in October. With a customized order that would be a Feb or March 2015 delivery. Ouch!!!

I have only see a Q3 from a distance in Barbados. How can it be
available in the Caribbean, South America, India, and Australia and not
North America even if it is TFSI only?

So what are the alternatives?
- Tiguan, hate the interior, does not have the safety features I want
- Q5, too big for my parking space
- X1, does not have safety feature I want
- A3, seating is too low
- Evoque, no thanks

There is a new competitor on the horizon, the GLA, and seems likely to hit NA next fall, so the race is on to see which is available here first. Some advantages of the GLA are Attention Assist and Forward Collision Control. Finger-tip gear selector is an interesting space saver feature. Disadvantages are interior (looks, fit and finish), and slightly lower seating. Also does not come in Samoa Orange!

That's enough venting for my first post. Just bring the d**n car here.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hi.We got back from the 'States about a week ago. We were in LA and Vegas and were a bit puzzled not to see any Q3s; you see just about every type of car in those places or on the roads in between. Had a look at the US Audi website, and sure enough, not available. A couple of forums suggested sales starting in the 'States in 2014, so sounds the same as you guys in Canada. Again, from the forums, it seems there is a ready market for the car

I agree that the alternatives on the market are fairly mediocre when compared to the Q3, the GLA may be ok, but I can't get on with the looks or the interior and the timescales are similar to the Q3.We were in Canada touring the Rockies in June and had a brand new high spec Ford Escape as our rental, we were very impressed after the 2500 miles we covered. Might be worth a look, a bit bigger than than the Q3, but not hugely so.
Good luck with the car hunt

·
Registered
192 Posts
Quandry said:
So what are the alternatives?
- Tiguan, hate the interior, does not have the safety features I want
- Q5, too big for my parking space
- X1, does not have safety feature I want
- A3, seating is too low
- Evoque, no thanks

What about the Brand new 3rd generation 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander 7 seater good spec

My MRS wanted one but my lease company wanted £1000 more deposit

·
Registered
275 Posts
What sort of price do youth ink it will be when it is released?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Crem0 said:
What sort of price do youth ink it will be when it is released?
Its on sale now

Its got less toys than my Audi

I love my DRL and led rear lights. Never been able to have a top of the range car before. My Audi mine for 3 years then I have to give it back. I lose the deposit so trying to keep it low although I paid £6000 deposit for my Kia Sorento

1 - 5 of 5 Posts