Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had a cambelt and water pump change and have had problems twice , it appears that the model I have had a modification done when made and the cambelt kit needed for it doesn't come with the pre tensioner washer for said modification . It was ok when first done then a week or so later the engine sounds like a tractor. Luckily the independent garage I use have been brilliant and have now rectified this after going to VAG and asking why its happening to be told oh yeah you should have been given the pre tensioner washer with the kit.
Just a heads up if anyone else has the same problem ,

·
Super Moderator
6,158 Posts
Hi, welcome to the club!

Thanks for such a useful and informative warning for your first post. So often a first post will be a request for help rather than a contribution. :)

Glad all was sorted promptly beore any damage was done and kudos to the indie who helped you.

Reactions: ginatow

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, welcome to the club!

Thanks for such a useful and informative warning for your first post. So often a first post will be a request for help rather than a contribution. :)

Glad all was sorted promptly beore any damage was done and kudos to the indie who helped you.
Thank you , i have to say i did look on line on the Friday it happened for the second time to see if any forums had any advice or anyone else had the same problem and couldn't find anything , so i thought i would jointhis forum and just really let other Q3 users know my recent experience and give them the heads up . It looks like VAG don't actually like to share these things . Is that so you go to main dealer and have the work done and pay through the nose ?

·
Super Moderator
6,158 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me! I can tell you I've had much more accurate, detailed and helpful information from my local indie than I ever had from the main dealer, especially with regard to things like Haldex servicing intervals. The information (not) supplied by the main dealer, plus a belated and hamfisted servicing of it, resulted in a failed Haldex which incidentally the indie sorted out for less than half the price quoted by said main dealer.

Would you do us a favour by adding your local indie's details to this thread please? The more entries we have of recommended independents the better!

Reactions: TheJam and ginatow

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It wouldn't surprise me! I can tell you I've had much more accurate, detailed and helpful information from my local indie than I ever had from the main dealer, especially with regard to things like Haldex servicing intervals. The information (not) supplied by the main dealer, plus a belated and hamfisted servicing of it, resulted in a failed Haldex which incidentally the indie sorted out for less than half the price quoted by said main dealer.

Would you do us a favour by adding your local indie's details to this thread please? The more entries we have of recommended independents the better!
The independent garage i use is in the Jewellery Quarter in Birmingham called Swallow Garage the owner Richard is a lovely chap and always very helpful , i have to say when my car went back twice after the cam belt change because of the problem he was mystified as to what it was and changed the whole kit again thinking it was faulty at his costs , when it happened the second time bless him , i live in Rugby , he organised recovery from my home address at his costs and he challenged VAG as to why and what is happening to then be told about the modification and the missing pre tensioner washer so i have to say a big shout out to Richard at Swallow Garage in the Jewellery Quarter Birmingham . i have to say also because of his honesty and customer service i will continue using him because you cant get a better service than that , i offered to pay some of his costs for labour and he wouldn't take another penny off me . His words to me were ' you have already paid me the first time , i need to make sure it is right and bless him he went above and beyond .

·
Super Moderator
2,878 Posts
Excellent service! I'm not so far from you in Warwick, We have Vastec here, http://www.vastec.co.uk/ also very good.

Reactions: ginatow

·
Super Moderator
6,158 Posts
Thanks Gina, I've put a cut/paste into the Recommended Independents on your behalf.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi ginatow
Any chance you can provide more details of pre tensioner washer / modification as I've looked at the 2016 parts diagm and it's not obvious where it would fit.
toothed belt; toothed belt guard - Audi Q3(AQ3) [EUROPA 2016 year] (7zap.com)

Cheers Spike
Unfortunately i can't as the garage dealt with the problem and went to VAG and spoke to the service/parts manager and they bought the diagram up on there system and it showed up on there . I have to say since this was rectified with the correct parts being supplied i have had no more problems .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts