Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new here :) Recently purchased a 2014 (64 plate) Q3, petrol 1.4 S Line, 56,600miles.
Getting the cambelt replaced next week (reaaaaaally wishing I’d asked the garage who sold it to me whether it had been done, but I didn’t - expensive lesson learned). Audi doing it as my usual independent weren’t much cheaper. I assumed they would replace the water pump at the same time, but Audi have said that apparently my car doesn’t have a waterpump, so it would just be a cambelt change?? Is that right?? I’ve googled it loads and this doesn’t seem to tie in with what people are saying but Audi seemed adamant on the phone. Not going to lie, I don’t know much about the tech side of cars so feel slightly out of my depth. Thank you so much for any advice given 🙏🏼

·
Super Moderator
3,583 Posts
Welcome Mugsy273.

There is an excellent search engine here - top of the page.

Check this thread out: Cambelt and Water Pump Change

On the 1.4TFSI the water pump is at the other end of the engine - only the 2.0TDIs have the water pump changed with the cam belt.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah fab, thanks for the info Rgibson1988, really useful to know! Think it was the Audi service centre on the phone telling me that my car doesn’t have a waterpump that really threw me 🤦‍♀️😂

·
Super Moderator
6,415 Posts
Ah yes, it's SO nice to know that we're so well supported by Audi service people - the same people who twice tried to book both my Q3 (2.0TFSI) and Mrs G's A3 (1.4TFSI) in for cam belt changes when both engines have timing chains instead of toothed belts... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah yes, it's SO nice to know that we're so well supported by Audi service people - the same people who twice tried to book both my Q3 (2.0TFSI) and Mrs G's A3 (1.4TFSI) in for cam belt changes when both engines have timing chains instead of toothed belts... :rolleyes:
Oh wow, that’s really worrying… See, that’s the problem though, as someone who loves her cars but hasn’t got a clue how they work, I kind of put my faith in them to know what they’re talking about 🤦‍♀️ But clearly…they don’t 😬 In which case, thank goodness for this forum!!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Is there a cast-iron way to find out if my 2014 1.4TFSI car has a Cambelt or a drive chain?

·
Super Moderator
6,415 Posts
Yup, if all else fails, take your VIN with you and visit an Audi main dealer parts dept. Ask for a cam belt for your specific vehicle. They'll either bring one to the counter or sneer at you saying "It hasn't got one mate."

·
Registered
613 Posts
Cheers Gromit, wise words as usual :D (y)

·
Super Moderator
3,583 Posts
2014 TFSI - Cam belt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts