Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered my Q3 2 weeks ago and at the time I was told a build week (which I forget) but it wouldhave meant getting the car 2nd week in Feb. I decided to wait the extra 2 weeks for the 14 reg andhaving heard nothing, I phoned today to get confirmation of the build week only to be told that March delivery builds aren't confirmed yet!Does this sound right?

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
No, it sounds dangerously like bollocks to me. Having ordered this early, arranging a March 1st collection should be no problem at all - in fact you could insist on it and make it a condition of purchase. Simply tell them you will be picking it up on March 1st and not before - there's bugger-all they can do about it and they'll know that if they try to apply pressure you can equally simply tell them to stick their order up their rear orifice and take it to another Audi dealer. Or another brand for all they know.

A lot of dealers are arrogant enough to think they can arrange things entirely for their own benefit - schedules, targets, quotas etc. - and need reminding (sometimes forcibly) that the customer's requirements are more important than theirs.

They tried that when my Q3 became available - I had a phone call from them telling me I could have it early and pushing me like **** to take possession of it before the end of the week, just because they had targets to hit. It wasn't convenient for me, so a firm and unequivocable NO was my response and there was sod-all they could do about it.

Just remember who the customer is, and what the Bible says.....

"...and as the Lord sayeth unto the people of Gomorrah - SOD 'EM."

·
Registered
304 Posts
Well said, Gromit.

As the recent recipient of several tons of manure courtesy of Audi, I say stick to your guns and have it registered when you want, not them. I was told that a week 02 build would mean mid Feb for collection and week 48 build for early mid Jan collection but no guarantees due to Christmas etc.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Told 'em I wanted 1st March, they phoned back today to confirmand"pencilled" me in for 0900. I'm not totally convinced but I'll give 'em the benefit.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hi,
I ordered my Q3 (Daytona SLine, satnav, parking plus assist, dark glass, led, etc) on 11th October and was told build would be wk1 2014 with delivery mid Feb and that they would hold delivery to March if I wanted. Just been told today that build week is now 50 2013 with delivery expected mid jan. I've asked them to delay until March and they (Audi York) are happy to do so.
My wife ordered an A1 about a week before me and her car has been built and delivery is due in a couple of weeks. So A1s are faster then Q3s.
I've had several Audis before including two TTs and have always been very impressed with service from York Audi.

Jon

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
McGroo said:
Told 'em I wanted 1st March, they phoned back today to confirmand"pencilled" me in for 0900. I'm not totally convinced but I'll give 'em the benefit.
Nice one - now there's no reason for them not to stick to it. We can tell from other posts that your order is well within the time needed to get one for March 1st, so all they have to do is their jobs.

How hard can it be?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Our Q3 was ordered 20th October and we were given a build week of 04/14. The dealer seemed to be sure it would be the new 14 reg before it was ready. Which kind of makes sense.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had a phone call from Audi Birmingham yesterday just to confirm that everything is still on for 0900 March 1st. it's been a long time coming but only 4 weeks to go now

·
Registered
10 Posts
I order my Q3 last September. Build date was mid January and it was delivered 2 days ago. Worth the wait though.

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Wingco! That shows they're speeding up a bit - the normal build-to-delivery time is about 4 weeks or has been in the past.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Wheres the pictures? All I can do is look at pics until mine comes ive been to all my near dealers!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, Birmingham Audi delivered as promised. Went in at 0900 Saturday morning and it was there on a plinth waiting for me. I thought for a minute it had been on display then I realised that they'd emptied the showroom of display models and every car in there was registered.

Anyway, 300 miles in and loving it
Edited by: McGroo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts