Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, ordered my q3 mid July and got a estimated delivery date off 24th October on my contract, phoned my dealer (stratford upon avon) the other week and got told my build week is 42, which I worked out as the 2nd week in October. So will it be delivered that quick or will I have to wait? and if so how long approx?Many Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
My dealer in Crawley tells me 3 weeks is about average for shipping etc so I am expecting mine to arrive with me Week 41/42 - fingers crossed

·
Registered
16 Posts
My build week is week 40, next week, and I have been told to expect delivery in 6 weeks which makes it mid November. If that is to be believed, UK delivery, from the Spanish factory, to Germany and then on to UK, then perhaps your expected delivery is a tad optimistic. I hope I'm wrong because the waiting is not much fun!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Not having found this forum before we ordered - I haven't got a clue what build week we have and I haven't asked :) Ordered on July 12th and told probably November delivery. We weren't bothered really as we'd only gone to test drive an A3 (to probably buy after Xmas) and ended up ordering the Q3
Our salesman called two weeks ago to say that it should be ready about mid-October. I'm expecting him to call again soon to finalise the date. The longer it is the more interest the money is earning (or not) - will be nice to get it before November tho', but it will arrive when it arrives.
Edited by: Bambi

·
Super Moderator
6,028 Posts
You should be fine, Bambi - the normal build to delivery time is 5-6 weeks. 3 weeks though is a tad optimistic, I'm afraid.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Update - car is now at the dealer as of today, my workload permitting should pickup early next week. From build completion to pickup is just over 3 1/2 weeks.

·
Super Moderator
6,028 Posts
That's pretty good going, Milgey - they must be speeding up. Now's the time to start getting excited.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Build week for my car was week 40, i.e. first week in October and was told 6 weeks for delivery so expect it mid November. This morning I received a call from the dealer to tell me it had been brought forward, can I go in Monday to make final arrangements for delivery next week! Eh is this a wind-up I thought? Now theres a tricky question

Think I might just be there Monday! Cannot wait to get it, hope I'm not goin to be disappointed after all this time, only ordered it 1st July.

·
Super Moderator
6,028 Posts
No and no.

It's not a wind-up - this often happens. I think it is Audi policy to quote pessimistically and bring it in early as opposed to optimistically and bringing it in late.

...and no, you won't be disappointed, Jim - trust me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well I went in Monday and taking delivery Friday. That's less than 3 weeks from build in w/c 30 September to delivery! That's 3 1/2 months since ordering, its been an awful long wait.

·
Super Moderator
6,028 Posts
That's about the shortest build-to-delivery time I've heard of for a Q3 - you must have struck lucky with sailing dates. Enjoy your collection on Friday, tell us about it and post us some pics when you can, OK?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Gromit said:
That's about the shortest build-to-delivery time I've heard of for a Q3 -
Got a phone call yesterday to say it had arrived. Collecting mine on Friday - ordered 12th July
No idea what build week it was.
Edited by: Bambi

·
Registered
184 Posts
Woo woo roll on Friday!

·
Super Moderator
6,028 Posts
Looks like a ship's recently come in! Great news, Bambi.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I wonder if mine is on that ship, too? Probably not! Getting very excited as possible delivery approaches. Must chase salesman Jim for more info.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I know how you feel but be patient argic, week 42 theoretically only ended yesterday and they do not always go to the port immediately - mine took well over a week to get from factory to port.

Don't forget it's Spain and everything is mañana.

Allow 3-4 weeks at a guess based in my own recent experience and you should be fine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My build week was Week 40 (1st week in October). I've been told that my car is in the UK on Tyneside, but not been given a handover date. I hope that within a week or two, I might be behind the wheel! Can't wait!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Phone call off my dealer today Listers Stratford-upon-Avon saying the car is in the UK in the compound and I can collect end of next week. They are going to add the extra wiring and pin to the tow bar for the fridge on the caravan FOC. My build week was 42.Cannot wait

1 - 20 of 24 Posts