Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,Just popped into my dealers today after a long day shopping, unfortunately my sales person is on holiday for the next 10 days so thought I would be out of luck with any information on my order.
After talking with another sales person he asked me my details and then went on to tell me that my build date on the system was 28th November with a December delivery date although that maybe a bit optimistic and in reality It could be early January 2012."Although the build date could slip" he added.I am now over the moon
as I now know it is Finlay on its way the next hurdle is it been built on the 28th but for now I'm a happy chappy.
One thing he did mention that is worth noting is that he said I could possibly change the spec up to 4 weeks out but It may have a detrimental effect on the build date. I'm sticking with mine.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Well I went to the dealers and they say no build dates for s-lines and the provisional date is week 9 next year and delivery in March. They are confident that no s-lines will appear before March and even SEs may shift into the new year. It is really frustrating - I dont understand how some people can have been build dates for s-lines and November and some are just facing a straight no from the dealers.

it may be time for a rethink - my local land rover dealer said currently if I ordered a Range Rover evoque Pure this next couple of week I could have it in Jan.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Deposit paid mid May 2011, S Line, just received build week confirmation for week 5, so will definitely be a March 1st 2012 car.....bonkers having to wait so long - Hatfield Audi

·
Registered
28 Posts
I ordered my S-line s-tronic from Epsom Audi, they have been excellent so far.My build week is 5 so I will have it for March 1st!GB

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry this will be a double posting !!

Order placed for my SE 2.0TDI 4x4 auto end of August just received confirmation of week 49 as the build date.....should have it after the xmas new year shut down.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just had a email from Audi today just to let me know that

</font>

As
promised we are writing to confirm that your brand new Audi Q3 S Line is currently in
production at our prestigious manufacturing plant in Germany.Not sure they meant

Germany as I understood they were to be made in the Seat factory Spain. </font>This is a week earlier than my latest build date.</font>Has anyone else got an email</font>

·
Registered
563 Posts
My dealer tells me my S Line is built and in transit in Spain, but they still can't give me a delivery date !

·
Registered
130 Posts
Rang dealers last week and now advised build week 50 for my SE 2.0Tdi. Delivery end of Jan 12??? Ordered August 11 !!!
Biggest downside apart from the wait is depreciation on my trade in. It sucks.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I was told march 2012 for a factory order , three days later the dealer offered me a new demo that had just come of the wagon 2.0 tdi ,quattro, phantom black s.tronic with about £5000 worth of extra's , upgraded alloys , sports seats with alcantara,xenon light package , got £2000 discount and picked it up today so far love it will post some piccies at weekend

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi Daytona, your one lucky fella. I'm sure there are alot of envious like minded order'ees at the moment. Where was the £2k discount applied as my local Audi dealers stated catergorically that Audi are not offerring any discount at all, no, none, nein, finito, final !

·
Registered
13 Posts
steadykev said:
Hi Daytona, your one lucky fella. I'm sure there are alot of envious like minded order'ees at the moment. Where was the £2k discount applied as my local Audi dealers stated catergorically that Audi are not offerring any discount at all, no, none, nein, finito, final !

Sounds like my Dealer, wont even offer a penny of a Q5, even though I can get over £3000 by going online

·
Registered
264 Posts
steadykev said:
Dont know where the discount came from the trade in they offered was very close to the offer from another audi dealer for a facelift A5 , and I tried a bmw dealer for an X1 simialr money was offered so to be honest know exactly where it was from . maybe it was my lucky day

·
Registered
12 Posts
Deposit paid in May, order placed (the first for the dealer) in June for S-line. Told it will be built this week (21/11)and "all being well will have it by Christmas"
I don't think any dealer has much idea and they just get what they are told / given by VW UK head office. Not sure the dealer realises the transit time from Spain will be longer than Germany, so will be grateful for delivery this side of February!
Only problem is that I'm keeping a private buyer for my A3 waiting

·
Registered
92 Posts
Apparently mine should be built next week and then they said six weeks to transport from Spain so mid jan - on the upside I,ve managed to find a garage to buy my trade in - so it's a 1.2 corsa hire car for me for the next 7 weeks - it will be like being 21 again - I hope it's black :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Vern said:
Apparently mine should be built next week and then they said six weeks to transport from Spain so mid jan - on the upside I,ve managed to find a garage to buy my trade in - so it's a 1.2 corsa hire car for me for the next 7 weeks - it will be like being 21 again - I hope it's black :)
dont forget to war your baseball cap back to front , and turn the music up loud

·
Registered
17 Posts
I ordered a tdi Quattro s line, build date week 46 and was told max 31 days for delivery to me after that, just waiting confirmation that the build did take place last week, really looking forward to getting the car.
Edited by: dormy

·
Registered
17 Posts
Spoke to Audi UK today only to be told my car wasn't built in week 46 but will now be week 49 and they have said 6-7 weeks for delivery after that I am mad to say the least so I don't expect to see the car until,Feb now, have called the dealer and am waiting on a response from them .

I am seriously considering cancelling the order as I am so fed up with this and the lack of clear information from Audi in the UK.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was surprised at how difficult itwas to get info on order progress. If Domino's pizza can tell me on their website exactly when my £10 pizza has gone in the oven it shouldn't be beyond car manufacturers to give me web based order progess info. Even my dealer seemed to have tocontact someone *on the phone* up to get this info?

·
Registered
563 Posts
hipman said:
I was surprised at how difficult itwas to get info on order progress. If Domino's pizza can tell me on their website exactly when my £10 pizza has gone in the oven it shouldn't be beyond car manufacturers to give me web based order progess info. Even my dealer seemed to have tocontact someone *on the phone* up to get this info?
It's crazy, my dealer tells me my S Line is now in the UK but still won't give me a delivery date, something tells me this will be my first and last Audi.

1 - 20 of 218 Posts