Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Q3 35TFSI SLine Daytona Grey sound and comfort pack, puddlelights
117 Posts
Wiper blades are really a consumable service item heavily influenced by the environmental aspects of operational use - we really shouldn't judge overall vehicle quality on such an item. The blades are made by Bosch or similar.
Totally agree with you John but the amount of use they have had since taking delivery at the end of April I would expect more from whatever manufacturer, although to be fair when we booked the car in he did say it might need just adjusting as it’s really only the offside which operates very virtually compared to the near side one.

·
Registered
Audi RSQ3 Sportback Vorsprung 2021 Mythos Black
18 Posts
Fairly sure I picked something up from commuting on the A1, there all sorts of crap coming off the back of trucks (I should know, I drive one)
Some stuff must just be a bit of a pig to get rid of off the screen, and it probably just absorbs into the rubber of the wiper, just one of those things 🤷🏽‍♂️

·
Registered
2021 Q3 35TFSI SLine Daytona Grey sound and comfort pack, puddlelights
117 Posts
Yep, that’s why I was asking, same problem with both blades and smearing on windscreen, 4 month old car and about 6 weeks ago it started, tried everything,
normal glass cleaner
Vinegar solution
Sugar soap
White spirit
eventually new blades seems to have sorted it,
Must have been a product I had used or picked something up from the back of a truck on the motorway
If possible keep me updated if they find anything wrong….
Cheers
Chris
Just an update as promised,
it went in to Cardiff Audi today no charge for curtsey car so off to a good start.
Had a message from them early afternoon saying front wiper blades required.(Not warranty due to age of the vehicle but will replace Free of Charge then a total of £51.42 INC. VAT, so I assumed I wouuld pay that amount and the free of charge would be the fitting, wasn’t to thrilled about that as the car was new in April and not done six thousand miles at present but if its cured happy days.
Went down to pick the car up and was going to say if it hasn’t cured it I would want a credit for the wipers I didn’t actually need, but to my surprise no charge, they also updated the satnav but they still haven’t received the software update for the phone SOS but are expecting it mid December so will contacting me then. car cleaned inside and out and I know shouldn’t let them clean it but although I do clean my car every week including the winter I am not as fussy as some but not knocking people who don’t have it done, so all in all excellent service.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I'm a new member.

I picked up my RSQ3 last week. Since then I've had an ongoing issue where my MMI rebooting every 15-30mins. I've also had the SOS faults appear once although that went on its own.

I was not aware of any of these problems prior to collecting the car.... Looking through this site seems like it's a known and ongoing issue with the system for quite a long time...

They have advised there is a potential fix at the end of November... I'm unsure how realistic this date is?
How long have these issues been going on?

I'm now trying to decide whether to just demand my money back and return the car back as I've only owned the car for 7 days and I feel I've seriously been miss-sold a car with a known fault that was not disclosed to me! With potentially no fix. It's a very expensive car to have when I can't even use my phone or nav - already got lost in the centre of Cardiff for this problem!

Any advice and thoughts would be great! I have seen people advising reset back o factory settings but I'm not sure if this is something I should do - A) don't want to make it worse B) should I just return the car...

So disappointed as I otherwise love the car!!!
Have the same problem found a quick fix if you log in as a guest and not the owner and set all your preferences as a guest your have no problem with the Mni rebooting. Tried it and works ok .

21 - 24 of 24 Posts