Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm a new member.

I picked up my RSQ3 last week. Since then I've had an ongoing issue where my MMI rebooting every 15-30mins. I've also had the SOS faults appear once although that went on its own.

I was not aware of any of these problems prior to collecting the car.... Looking through this site seems like it's a known and ongoing issue with the system for quite a long time...

They have advised there is a potential fix at the end of November... I'm unsure how realistic this date is?
How long have these issues been going on?

I'm now trying to decide whether to just demand my money back and return the car back as I've only owned the car for 7 days and I feel I've seriously been miss-sold a car with a known fault that was not disclosed to me! With potentially no fix. It's a very expensive car to have when I can't even use my phone or nav - already got lost in the centre of Cardiff for this problem!

Any advice and thoughts would be great! I have seen people advising reset back o factory settings but I'm not sure if this is something I should do - A) don't want to make it worse B) should I just return the car...

So disappointed as I otherwise love the car!!!

·
Super Moderator
3,583 Posts
Welcome HannahRSQ3.

So you have a 2021 Model Year RSQ3 - two USB Type C ports in the front centre console?

The software issues only seem to affect 2021MY cars which started arriving in dealers from mid July onwards.

An MMI reset is well worth a try, you have nothing to lose beyond having to reconnect your phone which isn't a big deal. Engage with Audi Customer Services and the dealer ASAP regarding the issue - don't just accept whatever the dealer tells you.

Customer Services = 0800 699 888

Opening Hours:
Monday to Saturday 8am to 6pm. Closed on Bank Holidays.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome HannahRSQ3.

So you have a 2021 Model Year RSQ3 - two USB Type C ports in the front centre console?

The software issues only seem to affect 2021MY cars which started arriving in dealers from mid July onwards.

An MMI reset is well worth a try, you have nothing to lose beyond having to reconnect your phone which isn't a big deal. Engage with Audi Customer Services and the dealer ASAP regarding the issue - don't just accept whatever the dealer tells you.

Customer Services = 0800 699 888

Opening Hours:
Monday to Saturday 8am to 6pm. Closed on Bank Holidays.
Thank you for your reply!

yes it’s a 71plate with 2 USB C ports!
Yes been corresponding with the dealer over the last few days... saying there’s nothing they can do it’s a central problem and waiting for the software update at the end of November!

will try resetting then thank you!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Additional after reset I guess don't try to add user for few days use it as a guest to see if it's usable and not rebooting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I'm a new member.

I picked up my RSQ3 last week. Since then I've had an ongoing issue where my MMI rebooting every 15-30mins. I've also had the SOS faults appear once although that went on its own.

I was not aware of any of these problems prior to collecting the car.... Looking through this site seems like it's a known and ongoing issue with the system for quite a long time...

They have advised there is a potential fix at the end of November... I'm unsure how realistic this date is?
How long have these issues been going on?

I'm now trying to decide whether to just demand my money back and return the car back as I've only owned the car for 7 days and I feel I've seriously been miss-sold a car with a known fault that was not disclosed to me! With potentially no fix. It's a very expensive car to have when I can't even use my phone or nav - already got lost in the centre of Cardiff for this problem!

Any advice and thoughts would be great! I have seen people advising reset back o factory settings but I'm not sure if this is something I should do - A) don't want to make it worse B) should I just return the car...

So disappointed as I otherwise love the car!!!
Have the same problem with mine had the car in May still no fix as yet not sure how I stand with the car

·
Super Moderator
3,583 Posts
Have you tried the MMI reset?

·
Registered
2021 RSQ3 Sportback Sport Edition, Daytona Grey, C&S pack, red calipers.
67 Posts
Hi, mines a MY2022 car with the 2 USB c ports and Sonos, had it since July with no issues on the MMI resetting, only issue I have is I’ve linked to MyAudi but won’t let me complete the key user, however with very limited functionality on the App I’m not too bothered.

Hope you get sorted as can imagine this will ruin what is an amazing car experience.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have you tried the MMI reset?
I have not yet as I havnt had it happen over the last couple of days which is really odd as it was happening so frequently!
Audi did say it worse in certain areas so perhaps that has something to do with it as I was travelling about a lot...
As it hasn’t happened I’ve have still got the car (15days) not sure where I’ll stand if it continues....

·
Super Moderator
3,583 Posts
Fingers crossed then!

If you are unhappy/don't trust it then you'd be wise to formalise a complaint in writing to the MD of the supplying dealer ASAP (send recorded delivery so you have proof of receipt) stating that the vehicle sold to you is 'not fit for purpose'. It will escalate a resolution and ensure that you have something in writing that a solicitor can use if needed.

·
Registered
2021 Q3 35TFSI SLine Daytona Grey sound and comfort pack, puddlelights
117 Posts
Had ours April 21 and have this problem not very often,however we went to Marlborough on the weekend and it did it several times so maybe it is certain areas as you say.
Rang our local dealer today and they confirmed there have been quite a few reported issues about this and it needs a software update that doesn’t exist at the minute, but interestingly didn’t mansion a fix at the end of the month.
Our car is booked in in a couple of weeks to look at our wipers which is why I rang today so they could have fixed this at the same time as there having the car all day and that’s the 29th, so would have thought it’s not going to happen we shall see.

·
Registered
Audi RSQ3 Sportback Vorsprung 2021 Mythos Black
18 Posts
Had ours April 21 and have this problem not very often,however we went to Marlborough on the weekend and it did it several times so maybe it is certain areas as you say.
Rang our local dealer today and they confirmed there have been quite a few reported issues about this and it needs a software update that doesn’t exist at the minute, but interestingly didn’t mansion a fix at the end of the month.
Our car is booked in in a couple of weeks to look at our wipers which is why I rang today so they could have fixed this at the same time as there having the car all day and that’s the 29th, so would have thought it’s not going to happen we shall see.
What’s the problem with the wipers please?
Chris

·
Registered
117 Posts
What’s the problem with the wipers please?
Chris
The offside wiper judders across the windscreen, I am pretty sure it’s down to the snow foam I use because if I give the windscreen a good clean with white vinegar it cures it, but I have always used snow foam and had no issues on our previous cars so they are going to see maybe it needs adjusting.

·
Registered
Audi RSQ3 Sportback Vorsprung 2021 Mythos Black
18 Posts
The offside wiper judders across the windscreen, I am pretty sure it’s down to the snow foam I use because if I give the windscreen a good clean with white vinegar it cures it, but I have always used snow foam and had no issues on our previous cars so they are going to see maybe it needs adjusting.
Yep, that’s why I was asking, same problem with both blades and smearing on windscreen, 4 month old car and about 6 weeks ago it started, tried everything,
normal glass cleaner
Vinegar solution
Sugar soap
White spirit
eventually new blades seems to have sorted it,
Must have been a product I had used or picked something up from the back of a truck on the motorway
If possible keep me updated if they find anything wrong….
Cheers
Chris

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yep, that’s why I was asking, same problem with both blades and smearing on windscreen, 4 month old car and about 6 weeks ago it started, tried everything,
normal glass cleaner
Vinegar solution
Sugar soap
White spirit
eventually new blades seems to have sorted it,
Must have been a product I had used or picked something up from the back of a truck on the motorway
If possible keep me updated if they find anything wrong….
Cheers
Chris
Yes will do Chris no problem

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I tend to change wiper blades at the beginning of every spring and winter which helps a bit.
Some screenwash on a cloth can help keep the blades cleaner and more supple.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Crap infotainment software, leaky sun roofs, wiper blades.... Whatever next, hope you guy's get a fix soon. I'll stick with the trusty 8U for a while longer yet I think :whistle:

Reactions: TheJam and Gromit

·
Super Moderator
3,583 Posts
No such issues on my 2020 though.... AA Wireless works perfectly too.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Won’t be to happy if I need new wiper blade having only done 4300 miles and it’s only come to light in the last two months or so because I haven’t used it in the rain really before then our last car was a Q2 no issue’s there

·
Super Moderator
3,583 Posts
Wiper blades are really a consumable service item heavily influenced by the environmental aspects of operational use - we really shouldn't judge overall vehicle quality on such an item. The blades are made by Bosch or similar.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts