Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered today a new q3 tdi Quattro sline stronic. Managed to beat the waiting list as the dealer had a new unregistered car Delivered last week. Has Dab, metallic, heated seats, card Nav and privacy. Hope to get it registered and on the road for the weekend . Previous car was a BMW 3 series and looking forward to returning to the audi clan after many years away(80 coupe)!Edited by: Devonq3

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow little nervous now reading the threads. Has the vibration issue been fixed on new cars.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi Devon, great spec.
Please don't worry, there really are relatively very few of us who have had the issue. I bought mine in January, but as far as I know, no-one on this site who has bought since has had the issue. Audi doesn't yet have a solution for it, but as long as you are aware, and the salesman knows you are aware, you are protected.
It's a lovely car, so just enjoy the buzz!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jadewoo, much appreciated

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi JadewooVery relieved to have stumbled on this thread as my Q3 arrived at Tyne port today - needlessto say I too am concerned regarding the wobble problem.RegardsMal

·
Registered
137 Posts
Statistically, the odds are well in your favour. Hopefully, my car was the statistic. But take it for a good run before you drive away, and tell the salesman what you are doing and why. Audi is well aware of the issue, so shouldn't now be surprised we are all doing this.
It's a great car, really is.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Had mine since the end of Feb started vibrating after two weeks been back to have all 4 wheels balanced they put two new tyres on and said it was fixed,
It is not fixed

·
Registered
137 Posts
No, it won't be. The next step is they send it for road force balancing. That may either reduce the amplitude, or it may appear fixed. But the fault may recur, and when you change any tyres, it will certainluy be back, and Audi will charge you a few hundred quid to re-road balance it.
I took advice from Pg220 and SteveW and as the tech boys said that was all they could do, I declined the car, or any more attempts to fix beyond those two actions. Audi should take it back and could re-order for you, do you a VERY good deal on another, or refund your money for you to go to another type of car.
I understand just how gutting that is, I'm so sorry.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Now they want to put 4 wheels & tyres from an unregistered car onto mine and road test it?
I think they are bonkers

·
Registered
563 Posts
It seems this problems is a lot more widespread than people realise, my car was one of the first delivered, it has always had a vibration problem, the wheels were rebalanced but the problem is still there.I think it's about time Audi put their hands up and owned up to the problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts