Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Overall pleased with my new Q3, but having a smallhiccupwith phone/car pairing.
My phone/car did not manage to transfer the contact list on the phone to the car via bluetooth. The phone seems to work apart from that, I made a call to the dealership from the car after having left him. I forgot all about bluetooth and car phone and phoned from the phone. Was slightly startled when his voice rang out in the car through the speakers! :)
The problem may be with the phone (Samsung Galaxy S2) I guess. It has the newest firmware available (two weeks old, Android 4.0.4) so I'm unsure about what to do. (Since the car is brand new I don't really suspect the car firmware update posted somewhere on this site is the right fix either. Surely any recently delivered Q3 would have gotten this?!)
What happened was that when with the dealer, we paired up the phone and car, and it seemed that it briefly tried to transfer the contact list to the car, but that this process was aborted before anything actually had been transferred. I thought I might try to figure it out later myself, but now I cannot find any place in the menus, neither on phone nor in car, toinitiatea new such transfer.
Any advice?

·
Registered
264 Posts
go into menu, then phone , then try - search for new phone , see if that works .

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will try.

·
Registered
613 Posts
From my own experience it Seems to work OK with Blackberry and iPhone - after connection a little icon shows on the DIS (next to the Bluetooth andSignal Strength icons)indicating phone book transfer to car, which disappears after about a minute or so?

·
Registered
103 Posts
No problems with my Samsung, but it is a couple of years old.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts