Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all,

Thought it may be useful to have a general help/tips for the BT system where people can post their experiences and resolutions.

Let me start it off with the following:

- I got a HTC Desire and when connecting to the BT all initially went fine, phone book sync's, mobile phone provider name is shown on the MMI, then about 15 seconds or so later, it disconnects. To get it to reconnect I had to turn off my phones BT and then on again, but it would disconnect again. I tried someone else's phone, all worked fine.

After doing some Googling I managed to find an unlikely resolution but it did work for me:

Disable the Facebook link to your phone book contacts if you use it!

Sounds crazy but it worked, seems that FB link in the contact has some additional info that the MMI does not like. Obviously you can easily test if it is a problem with you contact list by refusing the MMI entry to sync your phone book and seeing if you phone stays connected.

Hope this helps others!
</font>

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Del,

Tried the update, car did not find it so I assume I am already up to date... The instructions are flaky at best but what I tried to was to go to the Main Menu > Setup MMI > System Update > Select SD > gave some message but basically said it did not find anything.

Tried memory card as fat and fat32.

Anyway, it is not a big deal, who needs their contacts linked to FB anyway :)

·
Registered
563 Posts
Scrat said:
Hey Del,

Tried the update, car did not find it so I assume I am already up to date... The instructions are flaky at best but what I tried to was to go to the Main Menu > Setup MMI > System Update > Select SD > gave some message but basically said it did not find anything.

Tried memory card as fat and fat32.

Anyway, it is not a big deal, who needs their contacts linked to FB anyway :)
Did you unzip the files to the root of the SD card ?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Been having a good laugh using the speech commands in the car tonight.
She really is struggling (like most do) to understand my Geordie accent.
Thing is she seems to know me - she keeps asking "Do you need help"?
And the truth is I probably do!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wes said:
Been having a good laugh using the speech commands in the car tonight.
She really is struggling (like most do) to understand my Geordie accent.
Thing is she seems to know me - she keeps asking "Do you need help"?
And the truth is I probably do!
LOL

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Wes,
Not yet tried it but a bit like my iPhone, it tells me off for swearing. Sounds stupid but I actually now don't swear, it now feels like a friend. Crazy.

·
Registered
61 Posts
oldgranti said:
Hi Wes,
Not yet tried it but a bit like my iPhone, it tells me off for swearing. Sounds stupid but I actually now don't swear, it now feels like a friend. Crazy.
If you do "accidentally" blaspheme then, she offers you a "hash" when inputting the phone number,really funny

·
Registered
157 Posts
Can you help me Scrat (or anybody for that matter). I picked up my car on Friday and everything has gone really well - very pleased overall although only done 100 miles !!Only issue is with contacts on HTC Desire. Any contact with more than one number, eg. home and mobile have nottransferred to MMI. Have not tried the firmware update yet but wondered if you experienced the same thing? No problems with dropping BT however. Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Exiledtaff said:
Can you help me Scrat (or anybody for that matter). I picked up my car on Friday and everything has gone really well - very pleased overall although only done 100 miles !!Only issue is with contacts on HTC Desire. Any contact with more than one number, eg. home and mobile have nottransferred to MMI. Have not tried the firmware update yet but wondered if you experienced the same thing? No problems with dropping BT however. Thanks.
Hey Exiledtaff,

Not had this issue myself, after I fixed the disconnecting issue, everything worked fine, I had no issues with contacts and multiple numbers.

My first thought would be to try a different phone.

Also, when you say that any contact with more than one number does not transfer, does that mean it happily transfers everyone else without an issue?

Are there any patterns to the contacts with more than one number? Apart from them having more than one number of course

Another thing I would try is to create a new contact, no links to anything, plain into your phone book, add two numbers and see if that works.

Where are your contacts stored? Phone or Sim? Mine were on the phone, in fact, I don't think you can store contacts with more than one number on a Sim but I could be wrong.

Let us know how you get on.

John

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thanks for your helpful comments & suggestionsScrat. All 'single entry' contacts seem ok, just the multiples giving problems. Will have a play tomorrow or Tues and see what I can come up with. Had you updated the firmware out of interest?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Exiledtaff said:
Thanks for your helpful comments & suggestionsScrat. All 'single entry' contacts seem ok, just the multiples giving problems. Will have a play tomorrow or Tues and see what I can come up with. Had you updated the firmware out of interest?

I tried to update my firmware but was not successful to still running the one that came with the car and I am not sure what that is.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Have been experimenting over the last two days - some advance but not completely succcessful. The more than one number for any individual contact theory was evidently a red herring! Over numerous attempts to download my contacts, I got just about every permutation possible. Eventually managed to get all contacts downloaded bar 6 so have just put these in manually. I'm due a possible phone upgrade soon so don't want to expend too much energy on this
.There are lots of blogs relating to this kind of problem on the web, most of them originating in the USA so I guess its likely to be a common issue with HTC androids.Thanks again Scrat.

·
Registered
129 Posts
With my HTC I found I had problems with telephone number contacts thatcontained email addresses & contactimages attached. I ticked the option to remove photo etc & downloaded each problemcontact one at a time.

·
Registered
111 Posts
These problems sound similar to mine, with the exception that I haven't managed to transfer a single contact... :) I've googled a fair bit about this, and seems a tricky and complex issue affecting a lot of people. I get the feeling that the bluetooth standards and protocols are too complex - vendors implement different subparts of it, and maybe to different specs...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts