Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out that my audi q3 will have black roof rails instead of the aluminum finish that I wanted all along .... The salesperson said it was too late to change it ... eventhough it was definitely their fault.. He than tried to convince me that it looked good with daytona grey body. Does black roof rail actually look better with daytona grey???. oh well I just have to live with it or somehow take it to a paint shop and paint it silver lol.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Looks like the trim around the windows is also black.....
I think I would dig my heels in and get the car I wanted - especialy as you say it's a dealers mistake.
Your paying bug bucks for this model and if you are anything like me - I would always be thinking what the car would have looked like with the trim and spec I expected and probably would go off the car eventually if the black trim did not hit the spot.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Maybe get a free service thown in or something? However I do like the black rails on that picture though.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Here's a link to a monsoon grey Q3 with black rails and window surrounds....http://www.flickr.com/photos/m25audi/6311840222/I would have ordered my car like this but the black roof rails were not an option at the time and the black window surrounds have never been a UK option, you could always have the window surrounds wrapped in black vinyl or plasti dip them....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCtkVePX_0But at the end of the day if you didn't order the car with black rails insist they reorder a car to your spec and use the wrongly ordered car as a courtesy car till the reorder arrives.The code for black roof rails is 3S2, check your order.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thxs guys for the comments. Yea, i concur to what you guys are saying that I shouldget what I ordered esp when I'm payingso much for it, but after looking at pictures and Del's picture of a car with black rails and blackwindow trims(which mine would also have, apparently 125kw TFSI models and 2 wheel drive models have this as standard in Australiaand the 155kw TFSI and 130kw TDI has it in aluminium as standard) I think it looks cooler probably because daytona grey is not that reli bright and seems to complement each other, butit would have been nice if i could have seen one at thedealers.Hopefully, I can get some extras like what dan said about free servicing or further discount.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also thxs Del for the plastidip link, didn't know it was that easy to chnage colours of things without damaging the car :),

·
Registered
563 Posts
jowong said:
Also thxs Del for the plastidip link, didn't know it was that easy to chnage colours of things without damaging the car :),
People have created their own Black Edition Audiwith it, I haven't tried it myself, yet

·
Registered
188 Posts
Someone at work has just picked up an A4 Black Edition - looks very nice. The alloys they've fitted to the car really suit the A4.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts