Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My Q3 demonstrator was delivered yesterday from Audi Crawley - brilliant service. Wife in plaster with a broken foot so car brought to me for a test drive and then finally delivered yesterday. It's a Tdi SE auto in Monsoon Grey. I am delighted with it so far. After the Freelander I have just part exchanged it is so quiet, the steering is so light and the gear box is a delight.
Can anyone help me with identifying what all the bits of metal and plastic are that are stored in the right hand cubby hole in the boot? In the event of a puncture how do I get that funny piece of plastic off the alloy wheel - and is there a tool for removing the locking wheel nut anywhere? I know I should have asked the salesman before he left...............
Many thanks for your help.
John
</font>

·
Registered
14 Posts
There's a little piece of curly wire like a broken spring in the toolkit for removing the plastic hub cover and in mine, the locking wheel nut adaptor is set into the left side of the moulding beneath the boot floor.
Took me ages to find it !

·
Registered
264 Posts
johnandvirginia said:
Thanks for that. My boot floor seems completely solid and covered with carpet - no way to get in there!</font>
little plastic handle on carpet about where your knee's are push that and it hooks up then you can lift the carpet

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that but it still looks as if the only way to get the carpet up is with a Stanley Knife!!!!!!!!!!!! I must find the wheel locking nut remover soon 'cos it would be just my luck to have a puncture. Having said that I have discovered the pump and Dunlop fixing kit!
Not sure about the stop/start facility - I assume this takes a bit of getting used to. I tend not to put much pressure on the brake pedal so perhaps this will not be an issue because it will rarely kick in. I am also conscious of the fact that I was taught not to sit with my foot on the footbrake because of the effect this had on following drivers.
</font></font>

·
Registered
58 Posts
hi

i am sure you have the same as me a se with no spare wheel i pick my one up friday

the boot is foor is lower and just with a carpet no storage or false floor

i will let you know where it is

regards

daniel

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Daniel. Like you I'm pretty certain it's just a flat boot floor. I think I have now worked out what each of the plastic and metal bits are in with the jack. Hope you like your Q3. John

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi f yours is like mine it has no boot floor stowage as you have no spare wheel or technology package just a puncture repair kit and compressor in the left side panel, the jack and tools are in the right hand side panel of the boot, inc the cap remover and locking wheel nut key.

Hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
5,716 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum.

I believe it varies slightly dependent on whether you have the factory-fitted spare wheel, but in mine the key is kept in a recess behind and below the removeable panel on the lefthand side of the luggage compartment.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Interesting - mine is in the under boot floor foam filler - 'top LH corner' when viewed from the rear....you'd think they would all be the same - (The RS doesn't get a spare wheel).

·
Registered
630 Posts
Mine's rattling around in the central cup holder but was originally in the same place as RSQ3John's and I do have a spare wheel.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Should be in the boot far left corner as you look inside. At least that is where mine on a MY17

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Should be in the boot far left corner as you look inside. At least that is where mine on a MY17

Think that only applies if you have the false boot floor option with moulded liner to take the spare wheel and/or Bose Sound System sub woofer

Cheers Spike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts