Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dear all
watch out

washed the car on sunday wife took to work monday she had a meeting in the morning
parked under a tree in the afternoon birds had bombed the bonnet. inoticed it when she go t home around 6pm so it had been on the car no more that 5 hours

so i washed it again at 6 pm and all the muck came off with the hose no problems

after washing found that the met black paint clear coat show signs of damage about the size of a fifty pence peice

the car and been superguarded from new by the dealer so that did not work

orderd a clay bar and scratch X from ebay hope that works

so be warned

·
Registered
563 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Daniel

If you paid for Supagard should come with 3 year guarantee providing you remove bird muck within 28 days. I would contact the dealer immediately and claim.

Cheers

Gary

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi
With the Supaguard treatment you should have been given a free bag of goodies including the bird lime treatment, if not you should be going back to the dealers. I don't suggest using scratch x too harsh just trying using a normal polish first such as Autoglym SRP but only use lightly and sparingly you should see some results.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi Del

don,t see the wife wiping the car down i wish

gary

checked the superguard warrenty big small print bird lime not covered so not much point in that

looks like black met paint can mark with the smallest touch

·
Registered
76 Posts
Unfortunately that is normal for black cars, another good product for black cars is Autoglym Deep Gloss Shine, I used on a VW Scirocco to good effect, which disguises swirl marks and fine scratches created when washing. lots of other good products out there including glazes and sealants but will require a bit of effort on your part to keep on top of.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats the bit that gets me it get washed most weekends

·
Registered
22 Posts
Daniel TD5 said:
the car and been superguarded from new by the dealer so that did not work
Same here... Supaguard does not seem to be bird poo proof. Wish I hadn't let the salesman push me into it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Daniel.

Sorry, just checked my paperwork and I had the Safegard product from Scotts Trading. With this bird lime and droppings are covered on the guarantee.

Cheers

·
Registered
111 Posts
If it was only on for 5 hours and the car was 'properly' supaguarded then I it shouldn't do any damage. More often than not, the dealer's valeters won't take any care applying it properly (if they actually 'do' it!)

·
Registered
518 Posts
The main catalyst for bird poo causing damage is sunlight. So be extra careful if the car has been left out in strong sun with bird poo on it.There are conflicting thoughts as to whether bird poo is acid or alkali. If you Google, you come up with various theories (not too sure why the conflict is there, I would have thought it would be obvious one way or the other). Proprietary bird wipes simply neutralise the pH of the bird poo, either via something mildly acid (like vinegar) if the poo is alkali, or bicarb of soda if it is acid. Alternatively, just dilute the poo with water, which seems easiest.

·
Registered
111 Posts
That's what I do Ron. I wet a microfibres cloth, place it on the offending area, leave it for a minute and then wipe off :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's the bit I would have to prove they did not do it

And in the end it was a foc item on a weekend deal

I have worked on it with mer polish an it very hard to see now

·
Registered
192 Posts
can we trust the dealer not pulling a fast one by billing you for the paint protection and not doing it? NOBuy the lifeshine kit on the net and do it yourself cost £20 now you know its been done takes about 4 hours.I have tried diamond bright and supergard bothrubbish go for thelifeshine pdi kit every time
Edited by: puddy

·
Registered
129 Posts

looks like black met paint can mark with the  smallest touch [/QUOTE]

Our A1 has the same damage it's also met black.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts