Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<h3>Not to sure about that?</h3>

But I may be a little biased toward my Q3<h3>Commended</h3><h4>Audi Q3</h4>

The Q3</font> is arguably the most accomplished model in the entire Audi range, because it does everything well and very little badly. Its cabin quality, driving dynamics and economy are all deeply impressive, so it's a shame Audi hasn't tried to be a bit more original with the styling.http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mazda/cx-5/59361/best-crossover-mazda-cx-5

·
Registered
29 Posts
Read the review and it looks a great car but has not changed my mind. Still convinced Q3 the one for me; Part brand snobbery and partly having been in Mazda's great reliable cars as you'd expect from Japanese but not the premium feel of Audi

·
Registered
11 Posts
We tried the cx5 before we decided on the q3. It was good but just didn't seem as polished. The stop start didn't work and the guy couldn't figure out how to make it go. Petrol was well under powered, diesel was ok but I wanted a petrol. For the price point it ain't bad, when we drove the Audi the next day it was a yes this feels right. There is so much that's done right in the q3 in my opinion.

·
Registered
613 Posts
That's the problem with some car magazines these days - Read the (What Car) magazine review of the Q3 versus the Evoque - and the Q3 is cheaper, better equipped, more economical, taxed less and roomier (especially in the non-child friendly back seat), but the Evoque wins because of it's "Jaw Dropping" looks... i.e. looks like a Star Wars Storm Troopers helmet!
The Mazda has a distinctively Japanese interior and dashboard, and looks plain, and feels much less solid, but in the drive to look as if they are being different, the CX-5 wins....
Everyone to their own, I suppose, but the only thing the Q3 seems to be picked up on is it's less-than-exciting looks, I can live with that!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Totally
agree Jules........plus the Mazda just doesn't give you the ‘feel good' factor
that you get when driving the Q3!

·
Registered
613 Posts
The nearest thing you get to a real review are things like the long-term reviews (like the one just published by Auto Express, funnily enough) - where someone actually lives with the car for an extended period of time.

Yes the Q3 is plain, in a sophisticated kind of way,yes it's a bit expensive, once you start ticking option boxes- but I paid the extra for the solid thump the door closes with, andthe quality way in which it is screwed together, and will probably stay screwed together!I also like the lower emissions, and the fact is gives me over 60 to the gallon on a run, and yes, probably partly because I can say I've got an Audi...

It does annoy mewhen you read a review and they stoop to "ooooh, the gear lever is just like that on an MX5" as positive points! I've done 5000 miles in 2 months in my Q3, and I can't even recall what the gear lever is like, but it's darned comfortable, and hasn't missed a beat - slightly more important I would say!

.... and relax... .....

·
Registered
264 Posts
Jules said:
The nearest thing you get to a real review are things like the long-term reviews (like the one just published by Auto Express, funnily enough) - where someone actually lives with the car for an extended period of time.

Yes the Q3 is plain, in a sophisticated kind of way,yes it's a bit expensive, once you start ticking option boxes- but I paid the extra for the solid thump the door closes with, andthe quality way in which it is screwed together, and will probably stay screwed together!I also like the lower emissions, and the fact is gives me over 60 to the gallon on a run, and yes, probably partly because I can say I've got an Audi...

It does annoy mewhen you read a review and they stoop to "ooooh, the gear lever is just like that on an MX5" as positive points! I've done 5000 miles in 2 months in my Q3, and I can't even recall what the gear lever is like, but it's darned comfortable, and hasn't missed a beat - slightly more important I would say!

.... and relax... .....
I totally agree with you jules the Q3 will hold its value better come trade in time as wellthe Q3 does what it was designed to do very well , its comfortable , well built , has lots of feel good factor , abd you feel fine after a long drive .as with any car the options can bump up the price but even the base Q3 is fairly well equiped .

·
Registered
613 Posts
And to prove my point... Today came the third report on the Evoque from Auto Express...

...but the way you get stared at in the Evoque and snapped by passing motorists or sightseers makes you feel a bit like a celeb yourself...

...Economy in the low 30s seems to be the norm among Evoque owners, and frankly that isn't good enough....

...the Evoque isn't the greatest family car...

...Space in the back is okay, but in the real world, with three teenage kids to cart around, the Evoque is just too small for comfort. Although short journeys are just about bearable, any trip over an hour long requires one of two things: the stereo turned up even louder to drown out the moans, or good old-fashioned bribery....

....The boot isn't exactly massive, either. A week's worth of shopping will often have to spill over on to the back seat....

This is for a 2.2 diesel costing £40k with options, doing 9,723 miles with an average economy of 32.5mpg, that can't carry his shopping or his kids!

At the bottom of the article is a comment from the AutoExpress photographer who is driving their long-term Q3:

“I love the look of the Evoque and its classy cabin is second to none. But my Audi Q3 feels sharper to drive and has a much smaller thirst for fuel.”

·
Super Moderator
5,778 Posts
My Jaguar/LR dealer tried very hard to sell me an Evoque, but who on Earth wants to drive a Range Rover that's had a grand piano dropped on it?

·
Registered
50 Posts
LOL

Gromitis spot on,the Evoqueroofline is just weird and the result isthe letterbox rear window (which is almost as bad as driving a van with no rear windows).

The Evoque is a victory of design over function,the exact opposite ofevery other Range Rover.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts